PTCAS Essay question 2014-15

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ArsenalDV88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like I'm overthinking the essay question but how does one keep that topic under one page?

• APTA's vision for physical therapy is "transforming society by optimizing movement to improve the human experience". How will you embody this vision as a future physical therapist?

Members don't see this ad.

Just pick two or three things to talk about. Make an outline for yourself first. It will help a lot with organizing your thoughts. Don't over-think this prompt; I spent two months on my essay because I was going in circles. In the end, it turned out to be a killer essay, but I would NOT recommend taking this long (especially now). I think this prompt is designed so that each applicant has a different way of understanding it. You got this, don't worry :).

There's already a thread on this where we had a really great discussion about it. I think it's called "This year's personal statement prompt" or something similar. I think most of us agreed that the prompt allows for multiple interpretations of what the "correct" structure of the essay should be.

I also struggled to keep it to one page. My first draft was around two pages and I hated cutting some stuff out.