PTCB New Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lafillemich

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever taken the PTCB's Official Exam online (for $29?) I just took it and scored a 56/90 and it's slightly freaking me out as I thought I knew more than that. My actual test is in a few days.

How would you compare the practice to the actual exam?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone ever taken the PTCB's Official Exam online (for $29?) I just took it and scored a 56/90 and it's slightly freaking me out as I thought I knew more than that. My actual test is in a few days.

How would you compare the practice to the actual exam?

Hi there
I have not taken the practice exam online for the ptcb exam, and probably can't be much use for your question but can you share what are the majority of questions that was on it?

It was essentially a lot like the online practice. I googled random threads for any other helpful hints which helped a lot. Know your insulin information. Knowing your brand/generic names is just the tip of the iceberg. It's definitely not all you need to know.

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you need to pass? I just took a 15 question version for fun and only got 80% >.< Not that I actually intend to take the real exam.

I honestly can't remember lol. I think it was a 1450 or 1400/1600.

The test was about as difficult as I thought it would be. I used an online book and Mosby's 3rd and 2nd edition to study.

I honestly can't remember lol. I think it was a 1450 or 1400/1600.

The test was about as difficult as I thought it would be. I used an online book and Mosby's 3rd and 2nd edition to study.

Just to clarify, I didn't think it would be that difficult and it wasn't.

$29 to take a practice test? Somebody is getting rich off of that....if the practice exam is like the practice questions, then I would assume the actual test will be like the practice test. Sounds like you need to do some cramming.