Public Service Loan Forgiveness Petition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JaySea

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program is a federal repayment program that pays off your debt after 10 years of IBR payments. There is a new act called: Student Loan Forgiveness Act of 2012 and this will reduce the 10 years to 5 years. I'm currently starting my 3rd year as a navy dentist and I still have 175K of debt but I've been paying on it with the IBR and my payments have only been around 400 a month. I lower my AGI via TSP and since I have a wife and 2 kids that helps lower my payment too. I did the HSCP program because I am a prior dental tech and had time in already so I came in as an 03E with 9 years after the 4 years of dental school added 4 years of time to my active duty. To sign this petition and help lower it to 5 years go to:

http://signon.org/sign/support-the-student-loan.fb1?source=s.fb&r_by=3580410

Members don't see this ad.

The last I checked it had 970K e-signatures and it needs a million. This is only to send it to congress and even at that point I'm skeptical bc the word 'congress' is synonymous with bermuda triangle. If you like this than hopefully you signed the petition

As we inch closer and closer to 1 Million signatures on our petition in favor of H.R. 4170, The Student Loan Forgiveness Act of 2012, ForgiveStudentLoanDebt.com is announcing a new partnership with YouLobby.com.

YouLobby.com is a new website designed for causes just like ours - a crowdfunding platform intended to help make our case in the halls of Congress. A million signatures on a petition is a terrific start, but if we truly hope to achieve our goals, we need to step up our efforts by engaging in direct lobbying with Members of Congress. The FSLD-YouLobby campaign is designed to help us do just that.

Therefore, upon receipt of this message, please check our the new FSLD-YouLobby.com campaign page and then help spread the word!

Thank you, all, for your continued support. Now, let's take the next step to help spread our message in the halls of power in Washington, D.C.