Publications for news in pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Parklife

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What news sources do health professionals and pharmacists in particular use? I'm subrscribed to newsletters from the NABP and APA and stuff like that, but are there podcasts or well-respected publications that pharmacists can read for the latest and greatest in pharmacy? Maybe like a pharmacy businessweek?

Members don't see this ad.

What news sources do health professionals and pharmacists in particular use? I'm subrscribed to newsletters from the NABP and APA and stuff like that, but are there podcasts or well-respected publications that pharmacists can read for the latest and greatest in pharmacy? Maybe like a pharmacy businessweek?

For myself, I subscribe to the table of contents for NEJM, JAMA, Lancet, Archives of Internal Medicine, and BMJ. For reviews I like the Medical Letter (ML) and the Pharmacist Letter (PL). Both ML and PL do review of medications which can be good for the busy professional. Note, the conclusions and evidence for the PL is sometimes not up to par but is thought provoking leading me to research the topic myself to draw my own conclusions. Finally, I subscribe to the FDA Safety Updates - they will update you with any label changes and recommendations... something a pharmacist should be on top of.

The last FDA Safety Update was on the maximum dose of Celexa (40mg).

Members don't see this ad :)
FDA has a podcast on medications but I haven't been following. I watched one on LABAs and asthma which was good.

I suppose there really isn't a market for podcasts for pharmacists. Only me :laugh:

Thanks for the replies PharMed