Publications - Physician Collaborators needed for health comm and policy articles

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anjohns5

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am hoping to find a practicing physician or resident with an interest in collaborating and co-authoring manuscripts in this area. I am a rapid and productive writer, interested in quickly building a publication record and potentially applying for faculty position in the future (ideally in public health or health communications).

I am a current doctoral student in health communications (with an MS bioengineering) with nearly a decade of experience in industry clinical trials before going back for my PhD (mostly in cardio, onco, neuro, but also significant work in dental, derm, and diagnostics). Academically, I have been working on survey and 'big data' research in public health, bioethics, and health communications, and have several pieces in these areas that are nearly read for publication, and several upcoming small research projects as well.

For many journals, a clinical co-author is expected, and certainly has benefits of providing additional clinical perspective to the work. I am hoping to find a collaborating physician that would be interested in collaborating in this area. I would, of course, be open to other collaborations for publication as well, and I bring a great deal of industry and medical writing experience to the table.

Please send me a message if you are interested in potentially collaborating.

Members don't see this ad.

Its going to be a harder sell to find a clinician who wants to collaborate on helping you build your CV than to help you with a particular project. What are you specifically trying to research?