Purdue c/o 2016 hopefuls!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EnvyPointers

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
:cool: Round 2 for me! C'mon Purdue!

Anyone else wanna gamble on the good ol' Boilermakers this cycle? ;)

Members don't see this ad.

After getting waitlisted this cycle, I'll be throwing my hat back in the ring with Purdue. Weee.

So glad there's no supplemental! :laugh:

Bump. :cool: Just did my application and hand delivered my transcripts last week. Sealed them with a kiss. :p Good luck future Boilers!

Members don't see this ad :)
It's my understanding there is no supplemental application for Purdue... correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't see anything on their site.

Correct!! LOVE it that Purdue has no supplemental!

I'm also applying to Purdue again - here's hopin' this is my year!

To those of you that are return applicants - what did you change from last year? Did you get any good feedback about your application from last year?

Where else is everyone applying?

I'm also applying to Purdue again - here's hopin' this is my year!

To those of you that are return applicants - what did you change from last year? Did you get any good feedback about your application from last year?

Where else is everyone applying?

This is my first year applying to Purdue. I'm also applying OOS to Kansas, Minnesota, Mizzou, Oklahoma, Dublin, and St Georges!

GOOD LUCK guys!!!!

I loved Purdue. The interview was super fun and everyone was SO nice. I loved the school and everyone I met, but accepted an offer for a cheaper school for me. :)

Hope y'all get big envelopes and awesome phone calls this year, especially EnvyPointers and Cypress! I'm rootin' for y'all. :luck::luck::luck:

Thanks Breenie!
Hopefully this is our year :)

Where did you end up?

I applied to
Purdue, Wiscounsin, Minnesota, Illiniois, Ohio, Missiouri, and VMRVC

I applied to
Purdue, Wiscounsin, Minnesota, Illiniois, Ohio, Missiouri, and VMRVC

Good to see you back on the boards, Cypress. I've been looking for you :) I've got everything crossed that I can possibly cross for you.

:luck:

Aww thanks breenie!!

I only applied to Purdue and OkSU. Money is super tight so had to ake some choices. :oops:

Cypress, I had my file review with Purdue. Learned a little about what they're looking for in eLors, and tried to do that. I improved my GPA where I could, and spent the summer interning with the Indiana Board of Animal Health. That was an AWESOME summer.

I went a little crazy and had 5 lors this year, but was told that all of the get read, so why not?

Fingers and toes crossed for everyone wanting to be a Boilermaker. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Breenie!
Hopefully this is our year :)

Where did you end up?

I ended up at Missouri! Fingers crossed for you on that app, too. And Wisconsin, since I'm from there. ;)

What did they tell you about eLORs? I have 6 this year - all but one were updated from this past year

I'm in a biology master program - taking 15 credit hours of biology grad classes - main feedback I have gotten thus far is just keep taking difficult science courses and do well - so here I am....taking some crazy classes :)

What did they tell you about eLORs? I have 6 this year - all but one were updated from this past year

Cypress - last year when I asked Purdue, they told me that everything in my file would be read. I had 6 eLORs last year for that reason.

It was suggested to me to make sure that my LORS are as personal as possible. I changed all but 1 of my lors this year, and a couple of them have sent me copies of what they wrote, and they're fantastic.

I was also told I should retake the GRE and did that. Improved my verbal score, went down a little on my quant score, so it ended up evening out. Later on in the sumer, another admissions person from Purdue told me not to even worry about the GRE. Guh.

I changed a lot around on my application this year. The only realy thing I'm worried about is that I haven't taken a lot of upper level science classes since the last application. I had a really rough year in 2010 and just started to recoup early this year.

Also, I don't know if any of you 2016 hopefuls for Purdue have been stalking the class profile for 2011 entering class like me, but I did get an e-mail copy of the class statistics (doesn't include the people who applied though, just accepted students). Looks like it was a really strong GPA year (In state GPA was higher than OOS), which wasn't good for me. If any of you want me to e-mail it to you, just PM me. :)

Sounds like you guys are getting a lot more feedback than I got after my first application. When I requested an application review all I got was a single paper in the mail that has a scale of GRE scores with mine circled and the average for the entering class stated. For the open ended section they simply said "needs more communication" :confused: So even though they don't have a supplemental, call them up and make sure they have received everything from you, or just call and make sure your all set to go.
Even after all of that, I was pleasantly surprised I was admitted the next year. Best to all of you applying! :xf: Especially Whyevernot! :xf::xf:

Sounds like you guys are getting a lot more feedback than I got after my first application. When I requested an application review all I got was a single paper in the mail that has a scale of GRE scores with mine circled and the average for the entering class stated. For the open ended section they simply said "needs more communication" :confused: So even though they don't have a supplemental, call them up and make sure they have received everything from you, or just call and make sure your all set to go.
Even after all of that, I was pleasantly surprised I was admitted the next year. Best to all of you applying! :xf: Especially Whyevernot! :xf::xf:

Thanks SJB!!! :D Maybe I'll get to join you this year! I was just wondering how you were doing out there.

Also my file review was like yours - an email with the average, my scores in red, and the only commentary was that my eLORs and interview were good. GREAT. THANK YOU for the super-helpful feedback! :rolleyes:

Thanks SJB!!! :D Maybe I'll get to join you this year! I was just wondering how you were doing out there.

Also my file review was like yours - an email with the average, my scores in red, and the only commentary was that my eLORs and interview were good. GREAT. THANK YOU for the super-helpful feedback! :rolleyes:

I really hope you do!! Apart from some 10 hr days in class and massive amounts of expected studying, its a freaking BLAST!! :laugh:

I really hope you do!! Apart from some 10 hr days in class and massive amounts of expected studying, its a freaking BLAST!! Because I get to hang out with Tator17 :laugh:

I fixed your post for you, SJB... :)

Yes, school would not be so exciting if I didn't get to bother Tator every two seconds. hehe :p

Whatever. Did you know that SJB cooks? Like actually makes real food from scratch and stuff? She's a good friend to make... :) Hopefully all of you Purdue hopefuls will be with us next year when we finally get around to organizing a dinner at her place ;)

Whatever. Did you know that SJB cooks? Like actually makes real food from scratch and stuff? She's a good friend to make... :) Hopefully all of you Purdue hopefuls will be with us next year when we finally get around to organizing a dinner at her place ;)

Dawww thanks! Although I would honestly loooove to try Whyevernot's blue velvet cupcakes!

Dawww thanks! Although I would honestly loooove to try Whyevernot's blue velvet cupcakes!

Um, what! Are these like red velvet but blue? I don't even know, but I need to know more about what this is because it sounds kind of amazing.

(Sorry for the brief hijack, Purdue folks! But, cupcakes!)

Um, what! Are these like red velvet but blue? I don't even know, but I need to know more about what this is because it sounds kind of amazing.

(Sorry for the brief hijack, Purdue folks! But, cupcakes!)

Oh yes. Yes they are. They are like eating smurfs. :laugh:

My specialty is cake truffles - basically cake turned into a chocolate covered truffle. I do red velvet and blue velvet, plus I have oreo ones, pumpkin cream cheese (mmmm pumpkin), and about 8 recipes for other kinds to try.

So, you know, tell them to let me in this time. And I'll bake a whole lot. :D

hehehe Moral of this threat hijacking: Come to Purdue! We have good food! :D

hehehe Moral of this threat hijacking: Come to Purdue! We have good food! :D

hahaha. Considering how many of my decisions do seem to be based on food, maybe I should consider Purdue when I apply!

Pumpkin cheese cake.... droool....

hahaha. Considering how many of my decisions do seem to be based on food, maybe I should consider Purdue when I apply!

Pumpkin cheese cake.... droool....

LOL I did that exact thing! biggest disappointment when I was rejected from Penn was that I wasn't going to be near the Dim Sum restaurant that is so close to campus. :oops: hahaha. No Dim Sum in w. lafayette, but some good sushi places! lol and not having the restaurant just made me learn how to cook my favorite foods from these places anyway. so kinda win? :laugh:
Otherwise, this campus is great, super safe and at least gives me that small town feel.

I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything yet or even got a confirmation email or even if they do that? I have at least got confirmation emails from most of the other schools I applied to. To any current student: when did you get notified of interviews?

Hey!!

To the best of my knowledge, Purdue does not send out confirmations of materials received (They did not last year anyway). I do know my good friend got an e-mail about one of her classes from Purdue as it relates to her application and that had been resolved last week, so things are moving over there!!

If you check the forums from last year, I believe e-mail invites were sent soetime around the 15th, 16th, 17th ish? I know I got my rejection letter 2 days before christmas. :(

They updated their timeline from last year to reflect for the new GRE scores being allowed, but it still says interview notifications go out in December. Best guess is that it will be similar to last year! About 6 weeks to go! :p Fingers crossed and BOILER UP!!!

Hey!!

To the best of my knowledge, Purdue does not send out confirmations of materials received (They did not last year anyway). I do know my good friend got an e-mail about one of her classes from Purdue as it relates to her application and that had been resolved last week, so things are moving over there!!

If you check the forums from last year, I believe e-mail invites were sent soetime around the 15th, 16th, 17th ish? I know I got my rejection letter 2 days before christmas. :(

They updated their timeline from last year to reflect for the new GRE scores being allowed, but it still says interview notifications go out in December. Best guess is that it will be similar to last year! About 6 weeks to go! :p Fingers crossed and BOILER UP!!!

All true, if I remember right from last year. I DO remember that I got my interview invite on the 17th, the day before my birthday, which was fabulous. ;)

I got an e-mail last week about my animal nutrition class. They were just wondering when and where I was planning on taking it. No other news :(

The last 2 years I have heard from them the last week before the fall semester ends - December 20-22ish (rejection letters via snail mail). Last year they sent out invites via email - and that happened the end of the week around the 15-17ish - I waited the weekend and got rejection letter in the mail beginning of the next week.

So plan to hear from Purdue right before your finals start and right before Christmas :) They really know how to time them!

My first cycle I received my rejection letter the day before my finals started - only had time to be sad for a couple hours then had to get back at it - ended up acing my final the next day - so don't freak out as we wait - their timing is bad but always remember that this semester could make or break your application - so as borrowed from the Ohio thread - Keep Calm and Carry On....

Just wanna say... BOILER UP. Glad we beat OSU for the second year in a row at Ross Ade Stadium. :D Also... hopefully only a month-ish until we hear from them!!

Just a side note for those who didn't know, there is a branch of IU's medical school in the basement of the vet school here and we got to go down and see their human cadavers this past week! (note worthy features included two men with amputated legs and a woman who had a boob job. And yes they took out the silicone pouch and i played with it :p) Next week their students are going to come up and see our anatomy dogs and we can't wait to show them all the cool stuff we found in their stomach! moral of story: we treat/learn about ALL species here so once you all get your acceptance letters you should pick Purdue! :D

Any ideas when we should hear back?? Does Purdue interview?

Yes purdue does interviews - they sent invites out the 2 years around the last week if the fall semester - last year they were via email. They also send their initial set of rejections at the same time but they have gone by snail mail the last two years.

Hang in there - just a couple more weeks! Be aware they come around the time of finals and right before Christmas - so don't let the waiting get to you! When I was rejected 2 years ago it was the day before my 4 finals started - I knew if I bombed them I would never get in - so went and aced the final took the very next day :)

Ok fellow Purdue hopefuls! Sorry if bumping this thread up gives you a mini heart jump - but just wanted to send out some good luck vibes to everyone - historically next week is the week we'll hear about invites so figure all of you are SDN and email stalking like crazy. Just wanted to make sure you know you're not the only one!

Good luck on finals to those of you that have them next week - stay focused - these finals are the only thing we still have control over for the success of our applications. I have 5! Yay!!!

Good luck!!!!!!

HOORAY! I just can an interview invitation! Does anyone know off-hand how many interviews they conduct and the post-interview admissions rate for OOS?

HOORAY! I just can an interview invitation! Does anyone know off-hand how many interviews they conduct and the post-interview admissions rate for OOS?

Post-interview OOS acceptance is pretty good, though the waitlist didn't move a lot last year, I guess.

Crossing my fingers for those of you who endured with me last year! (And all new recruits, too, obviously!)

Here's page one: http://www.vet.purdue.edu/admissions/6-statistical_profile.pdf
And two: http://www.vet.purdue.edu/admissions/profile02_page2.pdf

I'm not sure why the stats for my class aren't up yet, but they're similar. Basically, in-state has a much better chance of getting in after the interview (67%), but out of state isn't as bad as some schools (40%)

just got an interview by email... based on stats, I was completely read to not get a single interview anywhere so this just made my... year, probably.
now i feel like this whole interview process was at least mildly justified
anyway, SO EXCITED! :laugh::p

so question for i guess current students or other applicants?
i wrote on my VMCAS that i'd be enrolling in animal nutrition for spring 2012, but because of logistical issues, i couldn't enroll at the school i had planned on

i've read somewhere that purdue offers an online animal nutrition course?
does anyone know when the last time i could enroll in it would be (to finish by end of spring 2012)?

alternatively, does anyone know of any other reasonably priced online animal nutrition courses for spring 2012?

Rejected. Eff you too, then. I was waitlisted last year after a great interview, had a good file review, and did everything suggested.