Purdue c/o 2018 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ashgirl

Pokemon Academy c/o 2018!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any potential future Boilermakers roaming around here? I know I can't be the only one applying to Purdue this year :D

Members don't see this ad.

Any potential future Boilermakers roaming around here? I know I can't be the only one applying to Purdue this year :D

Purdue C/O 2018 hopeful right here :xf:

I am applying there again. I really liked it when I went for my interview a couple of years ago :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard ANYTHING (even some sort of application confirmation) from Purdue? The only thing I ever received from them was an e-mail stating that my course form was submitted. I am feeling like I forgot to do something!

I've only received the course verification form email too. Haven't heard anything else...

Nope.. Haven't heard anything else from them either

I haven't heard anything from Purdue either. According to the last few year's threads, this is completely normal. They don't usually send out a conformation email or anything, they just send out interview invitations/rejections in mid December. If you are still worried that they didn't get everything, you could send them a short email or call. I emailed them a month or two ago because I was worried that my GRE scores didn't send, and they emailed me back quite quickly stating that they received all of the needed application materials. So if you're worried it might be something to consider to ease your mind a bit :)

Reactions: 1 user
The last time I applied (2012), I did not hear anything from them until December.

I've only received the course verification form email too. Haven't heard anything else...
I haven't heard anything from Purdue either. According to the last few year's threads, this is completely normal. They don't usually send out a conformation email or anything, they just send out interview invitations/rejections in mid December. If you are still worried that they didn't get everything, you could send them a short email or call. I emailed them a month or two ago because I was worried that my GRE scores didn't send, and they emailed me back quite quickly stating that they received all of the needed application materials. So if you're worried it might be something to consider to ease your mind a bit :)
The last time I applied (2012), I did not hear anything from them until December.
Thanks everyone :) I might shoot them an e-mail tomorrow

Thanks everyone :) I might shoot them an e-mail tomorrow

I haven't heard anything either but I know that every time my phone says I have any email, I panic!!! Good luck to all!

Got an e-mail from admissions. Said interviews are January 24th & 31st and they will be notifying within the next two weeks.

Got an e-mail from admissions. Said interviews are January 24th & 31st and they will be notifying within the next two weeks.
Eeek. Was it a mass email? I didn't get anything from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
No email here, but knowing we'll hear either way soon puts my mind at ease (kind of...:scared:)

No, I e-mailed them around Thanksgiving to see when they interview so it doesn't conflict with Kansas. They just today responded lol

"Our interviews are held on January 24th and 31st, 2014. You are correct, these are a mandatory component of our admissions process.We will be notifying applicants via email within the next two weeks of their status"

Last year interview and rejection notifications went out Dec. 14th - anyone think we'll hear on Friday?

Last year interview and rejection notifications went out Dec. 14th - anyone think we'll hear on Friday?
Gosh I hope so. The wait to hear is driving me bananas!!! Lol :bang:

Yes, Purdue usually sends out invitations sometime during finals week (which is this week I believe!), so we should hear very soon.

Eeee! Now I'm excited! :laugh: I was expecting right before Christmas. Now only Colorado will ruin Christmas for me, haha.

Is anyone else constantly refreshing their email today?

Is anyone else constantly refreshing their email today?

Yes. This. I am (unsuccessfully) trying to write a final paper but around every two minutes or so (usually when a new song pops up on Pandora), I go to the tab with my email and hit refresh at least three times... The anticipation is going to kill me!

Yes. This. I am (unsuccessfully) trying to write a final paper but around every two minutes or so (usually when a new song pops up on Pandora), I go to the tab with my email and hit refresh at least three times... The anticipation is going to kill me!
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I'm just lucky my finals are over so all I have to concentrate on is work.

Work was slow this morning, so I got to go home early. It's been great: cleaning, Christmas shopping, and constantly hitting refresh on my email. Glad I'm not alone :)

I haven't been able to pull myself away from the computer/e-mail. Unfortunately I have the closing shift at work today, so unless I have reception duty I won't be able to check again until this evening.

The father of the admissions director passed away a few days ago. So if the email doesn't get sent out until Monday, don't be upset, I'm sure he's visiting family at this moment. Granted, someone else can probably send out the email but I'm not sure how the process works. Good luck everyone! I'll hopefully see you all in January :)

Reactions: 1 users
The father of the admissions director passed away a few days ago. So if the email doesn't get sent out until Monday, don't be upset, I'm sure he's visiting family at this moment. Granted, someone else can probably send out the email but I'm not sure how the process works. Good luck everyone! I'll hopefully see you all in January :)
Thanks for the info! Very sad news indeed!

I got invited to interview!!!!!!!!! Ahhhh!!!!! Soooooooo excited!!!!! :)

I got a rejection email too. :( I'm not too surprised or upset as this is my first time applying and I know my application could be a lot stronger, but I only applied to two other schools, so my odds for this year aren't looking good. :/

Got my invite!! Which is a pick me up because Maryland snubbed me earlier today >.<

Got my invite! Was waiting in line to get into The Hobbit and about knocked my boyfriend's phone out of his hand!

I got an interview as well! :D I've been obsessing about checking my email all day long, and of course the moment I put down my phone is when the invitation came through. I was at dinner, heard my phone go off, and sort of just dismissed it. Then I did a double take and screamed in the middle of a dining court, where I'm sure everyone thinks I'm crazy now.

So glad to hear from Purdue!

I have an interview too! Congrats to all others as well! :) It came as a surprise for me, because I didn't realize that Purdue was sending out invites this soon. Does anyone know of the interview applicant pool size? I was just curious, and I can't find any valid information online. I saw a stat saying 200, but that was from 2005.

I have an interview too! Congrats to all others as well! :) It came as a surprise for me, because I didn't realize that Purdue was sending out invites this soon. Does anyone know of the interview applicant pool size? I was just curious, and I can't find any valid information online. I saw a stat saying 200, but that was from 2005.
I'm not completely sure, but I know when you registered for the interview there were 80ish slots for each major time slot (one for morning and one for afternoon), so that's around 320 applicants perhaps? I'm not positive about how many instate versus out of state interviews, but I think I read a few years ago that there were around 60-70 instate interviews. They might be able to give better information at the interview itself.

Purdue's website says about 120 resident and 700 non resident applications for the class of 2016 cycle.

Congratulations to everyone who got interviews! What a great way to end finals weeks! This really is such an exciting processes...terrifying and exciting all in 1 :)

Was there a place in the initial acceptance of interview thing to select your preferred date and I totally miss it? Or is it in a follow up email that I have not received yet? I thought it was in the initial acceptance thing the last time I interviewed there...

Never mind... I read the rest of the email. How long did it take everyone to get their follow up email to schedule? Has anyone got it yet?

I received an interview too! Congrats everybody! The nerves are officially setting in for interviews :eek:

Checked my junk email and found the link to schedule my interview in there. If you have not seen it come through, you may want to check your junk box too!

Scheduled mine for the 31st! I was NOT expecting an interview from Purdue! So excited!

Reactions: 3 users
Scheduled mine for the 31st! I was NOT expecting an interview from Purdue! So excited!
Mine is on the 31st as well I picked pm session because my sister is about 2 hours from Purdue so I'll stay with her while I'm there.

Who is going to be interviewing on the 24th? I signed up for the morning session and will be around for the banquet.

Still have to book my travel arrangements.

I'm going on the 31st. I travel to Kansas at the beginning of the month soo for financial/work reasons I tried to spread the visits out. =] I booked a hotel, I just need to book the flights tonight.

I have to book my flights too! Trying to find something not so crazy expensive but not having much luck

The flight to purdue is like 1/3 the cost of what I spent on Kansas soo I'm quite pleased lol