Purdue c/o 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes ma'am! I live 2 hours south of west Lafayette and it came despite a terrible snow storm

Members don't see this ad.

Oh no but you're close :( mine has much further to travel

@Gwenevre -do you know of anyone that has lived at McCormick Place? If so, did they have any positive/negative feedback? Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
@Gwenevre -do you know of anyone that has lived at McCormick Place? If so, did they have any positive/negative feedback? Thanks! :)
Yes, one of my good friends is living there now!

Pros: Furnished apartments, pet friendly, plenty of parking, private shuttle, close to city bus stop that'll take you into campus within 15 minutes (picks up on the :19 and :49 of the hour), in-apartment washer and dryer, think they're decently priced.

Cons: Sparsely furnished, they are literal Nazi's about parking (I parked there for 10 minutes on a late Friday night, and the tow guy was creeping around the complex. There's visitor parking, but at a central location near the front), my friend had a bug problem at the beginning of the year that freaked him out a bit, at the beginning of the year, the shuttle broke down often (but management rented out Lafayette Limo until repairs were done).

Neutral: Last year they went under new management, had a ton of renovations, but I'm not sure how that affected their leasing policies/offers. I messaged my friend and will update this post if I hear anything different.

Yes, one of my good friends is living there now!

Pros: Furnished apartments, pet friendly, plenty of parking, private shuttle, close to city bus stop that'll take you into campus within 15 minutes (picks up on the :19 and :49 of the hour), in-apartment washer and dryer, think they're decently priced.

Cons: Sparsely furnished, they are literal Nazi's about parking (I parked there for 10 minutes on a late Friday night, and the tow guy was creeping around the complex. There's visitor parking, but at a central location near the front), my friend had a bug problem at the beginning of the year that freaked him out a bit, at the beginning of the year, the shuttle broke down often (but management rented out Lafayette Limo until repairs were done).

Neutral: Last year they went under new management, had a ton of renovations, but I'm not sure how that affected their leasing policies/offers. I messaged my friend and will update this post if I hear anything different.

Thanks so much, that's really helpful!

Do you know anything about Winfield farms?

Oh I think it's just Winfield apartments not farms haha. But that's ok thanks :)

I was wait listed at my in-state school so Purdue is looking like where I will end up :) Does anyone know when they will send our financial aid information? Like what loans and stuff we qualify for? I remember hearing about it during the info session on interview day but I was nervous and therefore do not remember what date was mentioned haha.

I was wait listed at my in-state school so Purdue is looking like where I will end up :) Does anyone know when they will send our financial aid information? Like what loans and stuff we qualify for? I remember hearing about it during the info session on interview day but I was nervous and therefore do not remember what date was mentioned haha.
I think it'll come in late may/early June, if I'm remembering correctly.

Well I have been rejected and waitlisted elsewhere, and I loved Purdue....so it looks like it's a match!

Reactions: 1 users
The acceptance packet says we should expect to hear about financial aid the first week of April :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my packet and put down my deposit!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Question for current students, preferably out of state students! Is it common for OOS students to qualify for the loans to cover almost all of the cost of attendance? I'm just worried that for some reason I won't qualify for enough money to cover the total cost of attendance and I'll have to find thousands of dollars somewhere. I am currently on scholarship so student loans are completely new to me.

Any guys looking for roommates? I want to get moving quickly on a place so we can get a good location so PM me if interested

I made my deposit! So excited to be at Purdue in the fall! Over spring break I think I'm going to go look at apartments. If any girls are looking for roommates let me know! I'm wanting to get a 3 or 4 person apartment because it cuts costs dramatically.

Hi everyone! I'm currently a 3rd year student at Purdue and my 2 roommates are 4th years who are graduating in May. I'm looking for roommates for next year. I do have a dog who lives with me so the place has to be pet friendly :) I'm looking into a couple of different places because they're relatively reasonable. I'm looking at the Lodge which has 3 bedroom options (maybe 4?) and is within a 5 minute drive to campus and close to Walmart.

Hey Purdue c/o 2019! I've accepted an offer elsewhere, so we're selling our house. It's a 2 br/1bath house. Full dry basement, fenced in dog run area (that is completely river rocked for easy clean up!). Best of all, it is about 5 minutes to the vet school! We just put a brand new roof on it this fall and did the paint, new tile in the bathroom, tiled backsplash. If anyone is interested, send me a message, and if anyone is in town looking at apartments or houses and wants to take a look, let me know. :)

Hey everyone looking for housing. I just signed for a room in a 4bdr at Willowbrook apartments, so I have three rooms to fill. I've lived there before, it was very quiet, pet friendly, dependable shuttle/bus system to and from campus and the application/deposit fees are being waived right now. If you're super interested in living with me and my cat, pm me!

Hey! Does anyone know how much the deposit is if we accept our offer oos?

Hey! Does anyone know how much the deposit is if we accept our offer oos?
It's $1,000. I paid mine last week and I think my bank account cried haha

$1,000 plus like $27 processing fee to pay with a credit card online >.<

Dannnnngggggg, that's a lot!!! Assuming it goes toward tuition???

$1,000 plus like $27 processing fee to pay with a credit card online >.<
If you decide to pay straight from a bank account and not a credit card there aren't any processing fees.

Last edited:
Just thought i'd join this thread because i'm leaning towards Purdue! So exciting!! :)

Any new developments on the housing in West Lafayette? Vet students or graduate students (girls) possibly looking for roommates? I'm waiting to hear from another school, but I'd like to start looking around.

Any new developments on the housing in West Lafayette? Vet students or graduate students (girls) possibly looking for roommates? I'm waiting to hear from another school, but I'd like to start looking around.
I got three bedrooms open in a 4 bedroom place. I graduated in December with my bachelors, now working, and am taking a gap year to apply again :) I can give you more details in a PM.

I got three bedrooms open in a 4 bedroom place. I graduated in December with my bachelors, now working, and am taking a gap year to apply again :) I can give you more details in a PM.

That would be great, thanks!

Just wanted to bump this up for anyone looking for housing. I still have two bedrooms open in a 4bed 2bath place off campus if anyone's interested :)

C'mon guys! There have to be some males who are going to purdue so message me so we can get an apartment close to the school.

C'mon guys! There have to be some males who are going to purdue so message me so we can get an apartment close to the school.
Is there not a facebook page yet? You might be able to find guys on there.

Question for current students, preferably out of state students! Is it common for OOS students to qualify for the loans to cover almost all of the cost of attendance? I'm just worried that for some reason I won't qualify for enough money to cover the total cost of attendance and I'll have to find thousands of dollars somewhere. I am currently on scholarship so student loans are completely new to me.
Current OOS student here! As long as you fill out the FAFSA, you should receive up to the cost of attendance in student loans...I have Stafford loans, a GRAD Plus loan, health professions loan and a university grant. If you are able to find scholarships now, definitely apply, apply, apply! Any amount helps. If for some reason you are short on money, I would consult with the financial aid department on your options. Once you do secure loans, sign those master promissory notes and although loan payments should automatically defer, just double check your status for each individual loan so that you're not mistakenly missing payments. There are private loans available of course, but those scare me since they aren't as forgiving as the government if for some reason you are not able to make full payments after graduation. Just my 2 cents :) I entered vet school with loan debt from grad school so I'm pretty familiar with the process, but if you have anymore questions PM me

It's still early, so some ppl may be waiting until decision day before securing housing. And there weren't many guys in my class compared to the women (less than 15) so just be patient lol Dr. Weisman sent out an email last week to current students to submit housing info to send to you guys, so hopefully you will get an email in the next week or so. In the meantime, I'd check out the student housing page https://www.vet.purdue.edu/student-services/housing.php. I found my current housing situation looking on there since it was hard to for me take time off from working full time and fly from Texas to look. Good luck!

For anyone that's available, this Thursday is Purdue's housing fair. There will be a ton of housing companies advertising their properties. Plus free t-shirts and goodies! And I'll be there if you want a search buddy!

I will be giving up my OOS seat =( i loved Purdue so much and this was a hard choice but i fell in love with knoxville (and the warm weather!). I hope someone on sdn gets it =) i wish everybody the best!!!

I got off the wait list 4/16 ! Going to Purdue!... only a day after placing a huge deposit for another school I got accepted to -_-

I got off the wait list 4/16 ! Going to Purdue!... only a day after placing a huge deposit for another school I got accepted to -_-
Congrats! The lost deposit will be a drop in the bucket compared to your future. You IS?

Yay! I got off on the 17th and am so excited. I'll be looking for a roommate if anyone is interested!

Yay! I got off on the 17th and am so excited. I'll be looking for a roommate if anyone is interested!
I got some rooms still available, preferably females! PM me if you want some more details :)

Hey guys! I'm currently looking for someone to room with. I won't be bringing a car so I'm hoping to find an apartment that is walking distance to Lynn Hall (less than 15 min walk). Let me know if you are interested!

Congrats! The lost deposit will be a drop in the bucket compared to your future. You IS?

Yes I certainly am! I was going to go to Dublin, Ireland for vet school, but the cost of my education and living just got slashed in half for choosing to stay here in Hoosierville :). Plus its conveniently only two hours away from home. It's a dream come true! I never thought I would get a chance to go to vet school, let alone Purdue! Its been the vet school I have always heard about since I was a child!

General question... how far away from the college do most vet students live from campus? Is it a real drawback to be commuting at least ten minutes to school and back everyday as opposed to paying a little extra to live as close to the college as possible? Because it seems there are a lot of comfortable and affordable housing options only they are two to three miles away.

General question... how far away from the college do most vet students live from campus? Is it a real drawback to be commuting at least ten minutes to school and back everyday as opposed to paying a little extra to live as close to the college as possible? Because it seems there are a lot of comfortable and affordable housing options only they are two to three miles away.
It varies. During your first three years, it doesn't officially matter how far away you live from campus. I know students who live as far out as a 10, drive and a 20m bus ride out and seem to manage. But fourth year clinics you'll need to live close enough for emergencies.

I live about 12 minutes away. I regret nothing! My apartment is sooo much nicer than the ones next to the school (and cheaper). Plus I'm used to driving 20 minutes to work everyday so 12 is nothing.

How is the crime rate/safety of Purdue's campus?... The emails about armed robberies and attempted sexual assaults around campus lately are scaring me. I'm a pretty small person so I'm worried about the walk to and from campus once I move there.