Purdue c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview invite! :soexcited:
Sorry for those won't be joining, but the application cycle isn't over yet! Stay hopeful everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! Congrats on the interview invites! I'm a current first year so feel free to contact me with any questions :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too!! Woohoo!! I had to pick the 29th PM appointment. Anyone else?

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! Congrats on the interview invites! I'm a current first year so feel free to contact me with any questions :)
Could you give us some insight on how many OOS are interviewed vs how many are accepted? I believe there are only about 40 OOS seats but I am not sure how many are interviewed… Also, do you remember having to send in fall transcripts? Some of the other schools have sent out emails requesting to do so but Purdue has not. Also, do you have any insight to give us on what the interview process is like/how to prepare/anything to bring/ect. ? Thank you !

Members don't see this ad :)
Could you give us some insight on how many OOS are interviewed vs how many are accepted? I believe there are only about 40 OOS seats but I am not sure how many are interviewed… Also, do you remember having to send in fall transcripts? Some of the other schools have sent out emails requesting to do so but Purdue has not. Also, do you have any insight to give us on what the interview process is like/how to prepare/anything to bring/ect. ? Thank you !
There are a lot more OOS interviewed than there are IS. Each are competing for 42(?) seats respectively, for a total class size of 84, ideally split down the middle between IS and OOS.
I don't remember having to send in fall transcripts, but that could be my bad memory, since I interviewed two years ago.
The interview will be you in a room with two members of the interviewing committee, made up of faculty and staff from the school. I felt prepared because I used SDN's past interview questions portion of the forum, I'll try to link it when I get home. I also brought a small notepad to write down questions that I could ask during my interview that I thought of while touring the school. I remember that you could have a chance to sit in with Purdue's Application and Integrations class with current first or second years. I would suggest no matter what your interview time is, if you'll be in the area that morning to come in the morning because there are various presentations throughout the day. I was sad because I missed an equine presentation in the morning, but I didn't come until noon since I had an afternoon time slot.

Reactions: 1 user
I emailed admissions, and they said they do not require fall transcripts. She said they only require spring transcripts of accepted applicants. :)

Reactions: 1 users
There are a lot more OOS interviewed than there are IS. Each are competing for 42(?) seats respectively, for a total class size of 84, ideally split down the middle between IS and OOS.
I don't remember having to send in fall transcripts, but that could be my bad memory, since I interviewed two years ago.
The interview will be you in a room with two members of the interviewing committee, made up of faculty and staff from the school. I felt prepared because I used SDN's past interview questions portion of the forum, I'll try to link it when I get home. I also brought a small notepad to write down questions that I could ask during my interview that I thought of while touring the school. I remember that you could have a chance to sit in with Purdue's Application and Integrations class with current first or second years. I would suggest no matter what your interview time is, if you'll be in the area that morning to come in the morning because there are various presentations throughout the day. I was sad because I missed an equine presentation in the morning, but I didn't come until noon since I had an afternoon time slot.
Thank you! That link would be super helpful!

I think a few years ago they interviewed ~200 OOS and accepted at least 80 OOS off the bat, at least that is what I was told.

http://schools.studentdoctor.net/sc...due-university-college-of-veterinary-medicine

Scroll down and you'll see feedback about the interview and questions asked.

This was really helpful when I prepared for my interview. I can't remember how many people were interviewed but I do remember that Dr. Reed (the dean) told us how many interviewed for IS and OOS at the dinner following the interviews. Also, as mentioned above, 1/2 of the space in the class is reserved for OOS, which is very large compared to most other public schools.

Any know what is the correct address to send Fall Transcripts to or if we even need to send them? This is the address I have and just wanted to verify :
Purdue Veterinary Medicine
Student Services Center
625 Harrison Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907

Any know what is the correct address to send Fall Transcripts to or if we even need to send them? This is the address I have and just wanted to verify :
Student Services Center
625 Harrison Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907
That's correct

Student Services Center
625 Harrison Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907

From an email response I got about whether I should send my transcript with the summer class I had in progress when I submitted, I was under the impression updated transcripts are only requested if you are offered admission. Anyone have different information?

Student Services Center
625 Harrison Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907

I thought they didn't need transcripts unless you were accepted?

I called last week. They said they don't need them unless we are accepted and then they aren't needed until may.

Does anyone know if Purdue offers anything like staying with a current vet student while in the area for the interview (Ohio State does this)?

How do you cancel an interview? Send an email?

Hey guys, I might be a little late on this (don't judge):

For filling out the fafsa do they want last years fafsa info ( 2015-2016) or the next years (2016-2017)? Tax info for this year doesnt come out until jan 20th. So I'm not sure how to proceed.

Also, I heard at other schools that you can /should fill out the fafsa without parents info. Is that what all the schools want?

Thanks!!!

Hey guys, I might be a little late on this (don't judge):

For filling out the fafsa do they want last years fafsa info ( 2015-2016) or the next years (2016-2017)? Tax info for this year doesnt come out until jan 20th. So I'm not sure how to proceed.

Also, I heard at other schools that you can /should fill out the fafsa without parents info. Is that what all the schools want?

Thanks!!!
You're not late! You will have to wait to file your 2015 taxes and use that information on your fafsa. When you're filling it out, I believe that you'll classify yourself as preparing to be a professional student for the 2016-2017 academic year. Since you'll be a professional student, your parent's information will not be necessary for the fafsa.

You're not late! You will have to wait to file your 2015 taxes and use that information on your fafsa. When you're filling it out, I believe that you'll classify yourself as preparing to be a professional student for the 2016-2017 academic year. Since you'll be a professional student, your parent's information will not be necessary for the fafsa.

Thanks so much! that's a relief the fafsa link was in the "To Do" section of the link they sent out and I thought they needed it done by december.

Here's another silly question, do I have to send the fafsa to them or is it like something they can log into and see?

Another question:

If there are any Purdue Students on: Can you tell us anything about the interview style itself? Is it behavioral or more based on clarifying and expounding on information from our application?

Thanks!!

Another question:

If there are any Purdue Students on: Can you tell us anything about the interview style itself? Is it behavioral or more based on clarifying and expounding on information from our application?

Thanks!!

Also is it closed or open interview? I just had one where it was closed and wasn't a huge fan

@Shepherd Lover

I interviewed at Purdue a couple of years ago, so take my memories with a grain of salt. It's an open (?) interview that focuses on behavioral-type questions. "What would you do in XYZ situations" sort of things.

@VWBUGLUV After/during you filling out the fafsa you'll add schools that you want to send your fafsa to.

On the FAFSA website it says that they recommend putting your parents information down if you are going for a health profession. I was really hoping we didn't have to put them down because it will take longer to get their W-2 and tax return. Should I call Purdue and FAFSA to confirm whether or not we need to put our parents down?

On the FAFSA website it says that they recommend putting your parents information down if you are going for a health profession. I was really hoping we didn't have to put them down because it will take longer to get their W-2 and tax return. Should I call Purdue and FAFSA to confirm whether or not we need to put our parents down?
Your parent's information is mainly used to see if you qualify for a Health Professional Loan. It's a type of loan that has a lower interest rate, but uses your parent's info to get it, I believe. You can e-mail Purdue to get more correct information about the Health Professional loan.

Let me know if you ask what they say. I'd be interested to hear :)

I can't find much info on the actual interview! How long was it and they asked behavior based questions, right?

I can't find much info on the actual interview! How long was it and they asked behavior based questions, right?
The interview was ~25 minutes with two faculty members. It was an "open interview" (I.e. they had both seen your application beforehand) and they mostly asked behavioral/situational questions. There's a link somewhere on SDN with previous interview questions and I was asked most of those. :)

Let me know if you ask what they say. I'd be interested to hear :)
If you put your parents down then you'll be eligible for a Health Professional loan, which has a VERY low interest rate. Otherwise, there's no reason to put your parents down because their income won't be factored into what you're awarded because as a professional student you're considered "independent" FASFA-wise.

Sorry I just noticed Gwen said exactly this above. :)

Just out of curiosity, will you get enough loans to cover schooling without this loan?

Just out of curiosity, will you get enough loans to cover schooling without this loan?
Yes - as far as I understand, you will always be awarded cost of attendance from the federal government up to a certain amount (which is more than 4 years at Purdue CVM, so you're guaranteed to be loaned enough to cover school). I would just suggest trying for the Health Professional loan because the interest rate is low and interest doesn't being accruing until after you graduate, which is AWESOME. Purdue doesn't care when you turn your FASFA in as long as it's before the due date, which is April I believe. Also, my FASFA was "misplaced" and wasn't received by Purdue until after the deadline and I was still offered enough loans to cover everything.

The interview was ~25 minutes with two faculty members. It was an "open interview" (I.e. they had both seen your application beforehand) and they mostly asked behavioral/situational questions. There's a link somewhere on SDN with previous interview questions and I was asked most of those. :)
Thanks for the info! Do you or anyone else have this link? I've been searching through the prevet forum and I've found the occasional question in previous purdue forums but no actual compiled list of previous questions? Thanks!

Is the interview banquet the day of the interview or the day before?