Purdue c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
gave up my OOS spot on the waitlist... i don't know if that will help anyone but i really hope it does!! best of luck

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know if a Facebook group has been made?

Reactions: 1 users
submitted my deposit today! :soexcited:I had some questions for current students. Do you think it is necessary to bring a car? Any out of staters have any recommendations/advice on moving/making the transition to Indiana easier?What would you consider a safe or unsafe neighborhood when searching for apartments? Thanks in advance!:biglove:

Members don't see this ad :)
submitted my deposit today! :soexcited:I had some questions for current students. Do you think it is necessary to bring a car? Any out of staters have any recommendations/advice on moving/making the transition to Indiana easier?What would you consider a safe or unsafe neighborhood when searching for apartments? Thanks in advance!:biglove:

The necessity of a car definitely depends on where you want to live. If you live closer to the vet school, you could potentially walk. However, apartments in that area tend to be a bit more expensive. I personally live in Winfield Farms in Lafayette (as opposed to West Lafayette, where Purdue is), so it's a bit cheaper. I've had no problems out here, and the prices are great.

As far as for the transition to Indiana, it was very hard for me personally to become accustomed to the winter weather. I have never lived anywhere this cold before, and have never had to deal with snow in this quantity. So, I'd highly recommend making sure you have lots of winter clothing essentials and a good pair of winter boots. However, besides the winter weather, I've found transitioning to actually living here quite easy.

Congrats on joining the PVM family! Please feel free to ask me anything :)

The necessity of a car definitely depends on where you want to live. If you live closer to the vet school, you could potentially walk. However, apartments in that area tend to be a bit more expensive. I personally live in Winfield Farms in Lafayette (as opposed to West Lafayette, where Purdue is), so it's a bit cheaper. I've had no problems out here, and the prices are great.

As far as for the transition to Indiana, it was very hard for me personally to become accustomed to the winter weather. I have never lived anywhere this cold before, and have never had to deal with snow in this quantity. So, I'd highly recommend making sure you have lots of winter clothing essentials and a good pair of winter boots. However, besides the winter weather, I've found transitioning to actually living here quite easy.

Congrats on joining the PVM family! Please feel free to ask me anything :)
thank you!!

Sorry to ask again about this but does anyone know if a Facebook group has been made?? :D

i know its kind of early, but anybody looking for roommates?

For any current students! If we are offered some scholarships in our initial financial package, are these typically renewed during the following three years? Or are they typically more of a "lure you in" tactic just for the first year? Just trying to plan out financially what it would look like over the next four years if I attend Purdue.

For any current students! If we are offered some scholarships in our initial financial package, are these typically renewed during the following three years? Or are they typically more of a "lure you in" tactic just for the first year? Just trying to plan out financially what it would look like over the next four years if I attend Purdue.
Did you get your financial aid package yet? I submitted my fafsa a while ago and haven't heard anything yet.

Did you get your financial aid package yet? I submitted my fafsa a while ago and haven't heard anything yet.

I got an email telling me it was on my Purdue account on March 4th, I haven't sent in anything committing to Purdue or anything though.

I got an email telling me it was on my Purdue account on March 4th, I haven't sent in anything committing to Purdue or anything though.
Oh! i got that email too but I haven't been able to access it yet because I am not a current student. i was supposed to get something in the mail from them this week..... Did anyone else get their paper copy of their award yet?

Oh! i got that email too but I haven't been able to access it yet because I am not a current student. i was supposed to get something in the mail from them this week..... Did anyone else get their paper copy of their award yet?

If you go to your acceptance email there's your ID and temporary password! Then from there you can set up your account! You don't need to be a current student, I'm not. I haven't gotten the paper copy yet either

Members don't see this ad :)
If you go to your acceptance email there's your ID and temporary password! Then from there you can set up your account! You don't need to be a current student, I'm not. I haven't gotten the paper copy yet either
Thanks so much! That helps a lot! I am so inept at everything technology related.

So I was thinking about just starting a Facebook group on my own for the Purdue CVM class of 2020 because I am an OOS student and need to start contacting classmates to find a place to live. However, I apparently need someone other then myself in the group to start it up, anyone interested in just starting a group instead of waiting for one to be made?

hey PVM class of 2020, congratulations on your acceptances! My name is Natalie and I am a current 1st year in Purdue's DVM program. I will be assisting at orientation (can't wait to meet everyone!) but wanted to extend myself to you all now in case you had any questions. If you do have questions feel free to respond here or message me :)

Reactions: 2 users
So I was thinking about just starting a Facebook group on my own for the Purdue CVM class of 2020 because I am an OOS student and need to start contacting classmates to find a place to live. However, I apparently need someone other then myself in the group to start it up, anyone interested in just starting a group instead of waiting for one to be made?

You shovel totally make it! :)

Hey guys! Whoever made the facebook group, can you please make it public so we can stalk you? :D Or give me the link....we can't find it!

Last edited:
Nevermind, got it!

Last edited:
Declined my OOS spot today ... Hope someone here gets a spot!

Just so everyone knows the school made a Facebook group and should be sending the link to those that have confirmed their spot :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

This was such a hard decision, but I am giving up my OOS seat!! Hopefully someone on here will get a phone call soon with some good news!

I have searched and searched for the group tonight. They must have made it closed and hidden for now. No luck finding it. Does anybody know the name of the group or will I just need to wait for them to send me the link?
Just so everyone knows the school made a Facebook group and should be sending the link to those that have confirmed their spot :)

hey PVM class of 2020, congratulations on your acceptances! My name is Natalie and I am a current 1st year in Purdue's DVM program. I will be assisting at orientation (can't wait to meet everyone!) but wanted to extend myself to you all now in case you had any questions. If you do have questions feel free to respond here or message me :)
Hi Natalie! Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm excited to meet everyone!

I have searched and searched for the group tonight. They must have made it closed and hidden for now. No luck finding it. Does anybody know the name of the group or will I just need to wait for them to send me the link?

Have you officially accepted your acceptance request? I think the person who made the Facebook reaches out to people who have done this.

Hey! I gave up my OOS seat today! I hope one of you guys gets it! Best wishes!

Have you officially accepted your acceptance request? I think the person who made the Facebook reaches out to people who have done this.
Yes, I did weeks ago. I just received my acceptance email this week. But even after logging in on the group Facebook page and directly writing one of the admins to request to be added to group I have still not been added. I'll call tomorrow to make sure everything has been properly taken care of. Maybe it has just been an oversight.

Yay! They are still working on adding members. They got to me today!! :)
Yes, I did weeks ago. I just received my acceptance email this week. But even after logging in on the group Facebook page and directly writing one of the admins to request to be added to group I have still not been added. I'll call tomorrow to make sure everything has been properly taken care of. Maybe it has just been an oversight.

Anyone on the waitlist get the waitlist e-mail resent to them today? I had a heart attack for nothing. Purdue with the pump fake :(

Anyone on the waitlist get the waitlist e-mail resent to them today? I had a heart attack for nothing. Purdue with the pump fake :(

Yep, got one of those too. No heart attacks here though since I know in past years when they pull people off they call them.

I also received the email again. Does anyone have any idea how many people are on the in-state waitlist?

Has anyone received any emails about getting off of the in-state waitlist?

Has anyone received any emails about getting off of the in-state waitlist?

I think a phone call will precede an e-mail, but I imagine most schools are waiting until Monday to begin moving down the waitlist. Won't stop me from refreshing SDN every 37 seconds though. :)

My daughter received her call from Dean Reed today.... IS...ACCEPTED!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
I got a phone call from the Dean today! Super exciting! I definitely was not expecting this today! :)

Congrats guys! If you have any questions don't hesitate to PM me

:)Congrats to those accepted! Feel free to ask me anything, I'd love to hear from you guys

Would any current Purdue students want to help a fellow veterinary student out and share Toxicology notes from Dr. Wilson?