Putting doi's on CV?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureapppsy2

Assistant professor
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

This is a *really* minor question, but what do you all think about putting doi's on your CV? I'm leaning towards doing it just so that they're easier to copy and paste as complete references.

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

This is a *really* minor question, but what do you all think about putting doi's on your CV? I'm leaning towards doing it just so that they're easier to copy and paste as complete references.

Thoughts?

I do. I think it makes sense, given the expectation that you use them in the reference sections of articles. It also makes sense because CVs are viewed mostly via computer/internet.

Last edited:
Sure. Many journals ask for DOIs in reference lists, and some online databases like ORCID link to papers via DOIs. It doesn't take up a lot of space and it makes it easier for others to look up your work. It's not a must, but I don't think anyone would find it odd, either.

Members don't see this ad :)
I do not, CVs are long enough as is. If someone is going to copy and paste from your CV to find the article, the title and name are more than enough in 99.9% of cases.

I don't have any on mine currently, but like MamaPhD mentioned, I don't think anyone would bat an eye if they were included. Heck, I'd have to double check, but I don't even think my listings are in APA format. You know how I know I'm not a career researcher...? :)