PY/TY program rankings - input from current residents?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Radiologyreviews2015

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just sent an email stating that I would be ranked within the number of slots available and that I would match (since I mentioned that I was ranking them #1). This program is very competitive for a PY.

Has this happened to you during your match? Did you match there?

What the likelihood that they send these emails to everyone in the top 30 on their ROL?

How far down did you go on your rank list to match at your prelim/transitional year?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was just sent an email stating that I would be ranked within the number of slots available and that I would match (since I mentioned that I was ranking them #1). This program is very competitive for a PY.

Has this happened to you during your match? Did you match there?

What the likelihood that they send these emails to everyone in the top 30 on their ROL?

How far down did you go on your rank list to match at your prelim/transitional year?

I got a similar response last year when I emailed my #1 prelim, maybe less absolutely explicit about ranking but that "We look forward to greeting you in June as new a prelim!" I matched there (#1). It may vary depending on your Step scores/school pedigree, but most of my friends matched at #1 for prelim year.

I got a similar response last year when I emailed my #1 prelim, maybe less absolutely explicit about ranking but that "We look forward to greeting you in June as new a prelim!" I matched there (#1). It may vary depending on your Step scores/school pedigree, but most of my friends matched at #1 for prelim year.
Thank you for the input!! I appreciate it! :)

By when and how should you let them know that you will be ranking them well? What is the exact phrasing that I should use?

Thanks