Qs for those who've used old and new (2015) prep guides

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mattns

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Does anyone on here have experience with older prep materials (TBR, TPR, EK, etc.) AND newer materials (kaplan or TPR 2015 sets)? I have access to the old TBR, TPR, EK and Nova physics book, but they're all obviously geared towards the 'old' MCAT.

Would anyone suggest that it's worth it to buy new prep materials specifically for the science portion 2015 MCAT? I mean, are they really changing the structure, design, and content for the sciences portion of the exam? Or are they more-or-less just adding new topics into it.

If so, would you select the Kaplan or TPR package?

Also, if you guys do think i should be fine using these older materials, does anyone have suggestions/preferences/reviews for the humanities prep guides?

My original plan was to just study the science prep books I have now (old MCAT material) and buy some new material geared for 2015 psychology n' such, then supplement with Khan Academy and perhaps purchase a few AAMC practice tests.

Members don't see this ad.