QuantiaMD - Don't Go Near It

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kugel

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just signed up at QuantiaMD because they advertised vaguely about protected physician-to-physician discussion of clinical issues. They had some sort of clinical challenges listed, so I tried two.

What a Joke!!
They were nothing but blatant advertising for a particular medicine.

I expected advertising on the site, but the "clinical cases" were obviously created by the marketing department, with obvious avoidance of anything disadvantageous to the medicine. It was like hearing a new, naive, arrogant drug rep trying to "handle" me while saying "I would never try to convince you of anything. I'm just hear to present the information. Now, tell me what have you heard from your patients who are doing well on our medicine? Do they find it less sedating than "Y" or do they notice less weight gain than "Z?"

Basically, I was disgusted.

Members don't see this ad.

Is this a joke? Why the censorship?

Members don't see this ad :)
Let me restate that...

I just signed up at "Quan-tia MD" because they advertised vaguely about protected physician-to-physician discussion of clinical issues. They had some sort of clinical challenges listed, so I tried two.

What a Joke!!
They were nothing but blatant advertising for a particular medicine.

Basically, I was disgusted.

So, what's the deal with this website? My program hosts learning videos on the website. Now I see info about making money by doing surveys. Seems like the name of this website is a naughty word on the forum...

I'm just trying to find out some more info about this site and am wondering if it's legit or if there is some sort of catch. As the old saying goes, if something seems too good to be true, it probably is. Wanted to hear from others who have used the site though. Thanks!

Kugel's post was from a few years ago. I've been to QuantiaMD a few times over 2013-2014 and haven't found it to be skewed by pharma. At least not for psych, but I can't speak for the rest of the site. I expected them to have talks about psychosis that tied in certain brand name meds, but I haven't seen it. I wonder how they make money. Maybe data mining.