Quarter System-Submitting Transcripts Now without Spring Q Grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jwnichols21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

Application cycle has arrived and I'm definitely feeling the pressure already. I attend a quarter-system school and Spring grades will likely not be posted until June 21st. Part of me wants to send my current transcript to AADSAS so the processing can begin. Or, should I wait until June 21st to begin the process?

I plan to submit my application as a whole no later than the end of June, preferably June 18-20th. However, I know if I do it this way, I won't be able to submit my Spring grades until November during the application edit period. By this time, most decisions should be made already, yes? Will they frown upon me not turning in my final grades? (Note: the only grades missing are a random GE unrelated to major, a course I am taking for units only, and one final Biology course). Will the decision be altered if one of my grades is a C?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not submitting my Spring quarter grades because transcripts already take long enough to get send out, accepted and verified. If you are not happy with your GPA and think Spring quarter will help I would wait for it then but if not I don't think it matters and you can just input them when the academic update period comes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Quarter system is kinda messing with us isn't it? Dead week, then finals coming up.. I can't really even focus on my PS and other APP related stuff yet.. =_=
As for me I will be getting good grades this quarter so I'm planning on sitting tight and waiting for the grades to be posted. Hopefully we'll be able to e-submit before the end of June.

good luck with the apps =)

I already sent in my transcripts. My grades for this quarter will not be sent. I'm more worried about getting the transcripts verified in a timely manner. I figure even if I ace'd all my classes, it'll only affect my gpa very little.

Yeah I'm going to send in my transcripts right away as well. For me, by the time final grades for spring quarter are submitted it will be late June :/
But I had a question about the matching form...What are they asking in the question "Is this form being submitted because of your grade change on your transcript?" Is it just me or is there no line/space to answer this question?? Thank you!

Yeah I'm going to send in my transcripts right away as well. For me, by the time final grades for spring quarter are submitted it will be late June :/
But I had a question about the matching form...What are they asking in the question "Is this form being submitted because of your grade change on your transcript?" Is it just me or is there no line/space to answer this question?? Thank you!

Yeah I feel you. And I just handwrote "No" for that on the space to the right-hand side of the question..it didn't make sense aka must not apply to new applicants lol

Late june is still super early.

Last edited:
It sucks because it means we won't be in the first batch!

It sucks because it means we won't be in the first batch!

I don't think that's necessarily true..because sometimes people apply before their fourth year of undergrad, when they have a lot more classes to take still, yet their application is still considered equally.

I am still looking for a conclusive answer though as to whether or not we are REQUIRED to submit our Spring grades during the November academic update/send in an updated transcript once these grades come out? (Assume application has already been submitted before.)

I don't think that's necessarily true..because sometimes people apply before their fourth year of undergrad, when they have a lot more classes to take still, yet their application is still considered equally.

I am still looking for a conclusive answer though as to whether or not we are REQUIRED to submit our Spring grades during the November academic update/send in an updated transcript once these grades come out? (Assume application has already been submitted before.)

It's entirely optional, although some schools may request an academic update if they're thinking about interviewing you and want to see your recent grades.

It's entirely optional, although some schools may request an academic update if they're thinking about interviewing you and want to see your recent grades.

I just realized that although I submitted my transcript before Spring quarter finished, the transcript probably has the courses I took, just an "In Progress" status as opposed to a grade. Does this mean that I need to put these classes as In Progress on my application, or can I just omit them altogether? (they aren't prerequisites..)

I just realized that although I submitted my transcript before Spring quarter finished, the transcript probably has the courses I took, just an "In Progress" status as opposed to a grade. Does this mean that I need to put these classes as In Progress on my application, or can I just omit them altogether? (they aren't prerequisites..)
I would put them as In Progress. You don't want your verification to be held up because you wrote your grades and they weren't on the transcript for them to verify (unless you plan on resubmitting your transcript with those grades stated).

I would put them as In Progress. You don't want your verification to be held up because you wrote your grades and they weren't on the transcript for them to verify (unless you plan on resubmitting your transcript with those grades stated).

So..if the classes are listed on my transcript with NO grades (since they weren't completed at the time), AADSAS would see it as a problem if I didn't add these classes to my Coursework section of my application?

Sorry if I confused you. It may not hold back your verification because there are no grades on your transcript and there is nothing listed under your coursework on your app. However, they might ask you to add them under "In Progress" because they are listed on your transcript, which could push back your verification by a few days. It depends how strict they are. You might want to call and ask them or just wait and see how the verification goes.

Last edited: