Question about AMCAS grade calculator

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NYRN

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found on an old thread the excel document that people on here were using to calculate AMCAS GPA's.

After entering my grades, there are 3 different GPA's given:

1) Cumulative undergrad AMCAS GPA inc. postbacc

2) Cum undergrad BCPM undergrad includ postbacc

3) Cum all other undergrad AMCAS GPA includ postbacc

I understand that 2 is the science/math classes. What I don't get is what the difference is between the 1st and the 3rd GPA is. They are almost the same, but the 3rd is a bit higher than the 1st one. I have also included 2 graduate classes in the postbacc grades, one of them being advanced cell physiology.

There is no spot on there for graduate classes to categorize them seperately, so I just included them. Should I take them out?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I found on an old thread the excel document that people on here were using to calculate AMCAS GPA's.

After entering my grades, there are 3 different GPA's given:

1) Cumulative undergrad AMCAS GPA inc. postbacc

2) Cum undergrad BCPM undergrad includ postbacc

3) Cum all other undergrad AMCAS GPA includ postbacc

I understand that 2 is the science/math classes. What I don't get is what the difference is between the 1st and the 3rd GPA is. They are almost the same, but the 3rd is a bit higher than the 1st one. I have also included 2 graduate classes in the postbacc grades, one of them being advanced cell physiology.

There is no spot on there for graduate classes to categorize them seperately, so I just included them. Should I take them out?

Thanks!

3) should be your undergrad non-science course GPA. 1) is the GPA of the courses under 2) and 3).

If the graduate classes were taken in pursuit of a graduate degree, then you should exclude them; otherwise, keep them.

Thank you! I still have a few more classes to hopefully bring it up even more, but I'm not going to Harvard or JH thats for sure. I just hate looking at that number when I know my stupid mistakes as a freshman in 1997 are bringing me down!