Question about Aplication Timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nohre

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just want to make sure I know the general application/admission dates. This is probably a really simple concept, but to me a lot of explanations I read about the process seem either too vague or too convoluted.

I'm a little confused after reading about application dates that range from May 15-Feb 1 for AADSAS... Is it true that most schools will begin processing applications around June and notify you of what action to take by December?

In other words, take this example: If I have all prerequisites and send my application to a school on June 1, 2015, I will receive acception/rejection/interview letter from them on or before December 1, 2015. If accepted I begin classes September 2016. Is this example true for most dental schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Interviews are on rolling basis after June 1st, meaning they will review and possibly send you an interview invitation earlier than others who apply later. You can also get rejected on a rolling basis. So in the end, you can get interviews or rejections pre december, but you aren't notified of whether you are accepted or waitlisted, until december 1st.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/aadsas-faq-compilation.1020426/

Reactions: 1 users
The application opens on June 1st, and applications are sent out at the end of June. Interviews begin July and go through ~March depending on the school, some end earlier and some keep going later. If you receive an interview prior to December 1st, you may receive an acceptance on December 1st to begin Summer/Fall of the following year. However the cycle continues beyond December 1st you can get accepted anytime until the class is finalized for a particular school, some people get accepted in August and start the next week.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the replies! I am now more confident that my example and my understanding was correct.

The application opens on June 1st, and applications are sent out at the end of June. Interviews begin July and go through ~March depending on the school, some end earlier and some keep going later. If you receive an interview prior to December 1st, you may receive an acceptance on December 1st to begin Summer/Fall of the following year. However the cycle continues beyond December 1st you can get accepted anytime until the class is finalized for a particular school, some people get accepted in August and start the next week.

Oh, wow! I figured it was possible that some programs started as early as the Summer, but I don't think I've heard much mention of it until now. Thanks.

For Texas schools, the application opens on May 1st.

Ah! Thanks! I'll be sure to have my application ready even earlier then.