Question about changing states

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dtkt0511

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So, I am waiting for authorization to test to take the MPJE in Michigan (already passed NABP clearinghouse, just waiting on background check), and I am reciprocating from TN. I have been working as a pharmacist in TN for 3 years now.

The hospital I have accepted the job at wants me to start training (I would be under the direct supervision of a pharmacist at all times) before I am licensed. I just want to make sure that I am allowed to do so.

Has anyone else been in this situation?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Most likely illegal (unless the state mentions its legal) to do any pharmacist work or even tech work depending on the state. The board could clarify what you can do with a pending license

Hi everyone,

So, I am waiting for authorization to test to take the MPJE in Michigan (already passed NABP clearinghouse, just waiting on background check), and I am reciprocating from TN. I have been working as a pharmacist in TN for 3 years now.

The hospital I have accepted the job at wants me to start training (I would be under the direct supervision of a pharmacist at all times) before I am licensed. I just want to make sure that I am allowed to do so.

Has anyone else been in this situation?

Thanks!
you just can't sign off on any final check -

if you enter orders, all orders would have to be signed off (in the computer) by a legal pharmacist

At this hospital - do techs enter orders?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure if techs enter orders. I do know that I won't be verifying anything... only observing and learning.

Depends on your state, it would be unlikely that your employer would let you start working/training unless it was legal to do so (the director would get in just as much trouble as you if you were caught working illegally.)
In IL you would have to have a technician license. Your best bet is to contact the state board and ask them.

In this situation I've gotten an intern license in the new state which allowed me to work in the pharmacy under supervision while waiting for mpje scores.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app