Question about class taken even after passed out of with AP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AndreNowzick

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question:

I took one class each of beginning Physics, Calc, and Stats my last undergrad year because I passed out of them with APs and wanted to cover my bases when applying to med schools that didn't accept APs. I have grades for all three classes: 2 As and a C (for stupid reasons). On my transcript, they come up as "No Credit" since the APs counted for college. But right now they're credited on my primary. If AMCAS removes the semester hours (due to it not being credited by my college) from my primary, my BCPM will go up from a 3.47 to a 3.50. Should I have this done? 1. Will this make a difference to med schools? 2. Will med schools count those three courses for prereqs if there are no semester hours next to them on my primary (but it was taken for a grade, and not taken credit/no credit)?

Members don't see this ad.

Amcas will most likely count any "not for credit" classes as "for credit," at least that's what I saw when I was verified, since I had some not for credit classes for similar reasons.

I also don't know if there is a "magic" jump in the competitiveness of your app when you hit 3.5, but I don't think 3.47 vs 3.50 will make a much of a difference.

Okay, thanks.

I'm not sure about the gpa jump either, but I feel like 3.5 could seem like a nice cutoff. Also, I've seen them give no credit to classes that colleges didn't credit due to AP reasons, which is why I was wondering.