Question about DAT exam price?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RamsFan1991

NYU College of Dentistry, Class of 2019
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Two things:

Anyone know exactly why it's nearly $400 for an electronically based exam besides possibly paying some people's salaries? I find the price quite ridiculous (don't get me started on the price of the primary app to be sent to 15 schools...).

I would think for the price we pay to take the exam, they would take no less than 2 weeks to process and audit my scores. Approaching late August now, this is critical time to hear back for interviews and I'm checking to see if my official scores are up like a mad man so I can start getting interviews and hopefully alleviate a lot of stress... More than two weeks have passed and most people posting in pre-dental have said they have gotten their scores in two weeks exactly.

Members don't see this ad.

and of course at AADSAS "Our offices will be closed, for a company meeting, from 10:30AM August 28th and will re-open on the 29th of August when we will resume our regular business hours of 9 am to 5 pm EST." Thus, don't count on seeing your scores until tomorrow, Friday, 8/29, and even that is not a guarantee. I suspect they upload scores once a week and based on someone else's post, that was a Friday.

and of course at AADSAS "Our offices will be closed, for a company meeting, from 10:30AM August 28th and will re-open on the 29th of August when we will resume our regular business hours of 9 am to 5 pm EST." Thus, don't count on seeing your scores until tomorrow, Friday, 8/29, and even that is not a guarantee. I suspect they upload scores once a week and based on someone else's post, that was a Friday.

I really appreciate the reply, I have been trying to search everywhere online as to what's going on exactly. I did not know that they post scores once a week on Friday nor that they were closed.

check the ADA website where you registered for the exam (not AADSAS). I know someone who took the exam on 8/13. status now says TESTED on that website and scores sent to schools listed. thus assuming, AADSAS will upload them tomorrow but definitely check the website where you signed up for the exam as it should now say that they have POSTED your scores and that you have TESTED! This is a change as it previously said in process.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
check the ADA website where you registered for the exam (not AADSAS). I know someone who took the exam on 8/13. status now says TESTED on that website and scores sent to schools listed. thus assuming, AADSAS will upload them tomorrow but definitely check the website where you signed up for the exam as it should now say that they have POSTED your scores and that you have TESTED! This is a change as it previously said in process.

Oh crap you are right that's exactly what it says. It's just strange that University of Kentucky just emailed me today to say they are missing my DAT and I was getting really upset my scores hadn't shown up yet as September approaches. Thank you once again, getting rid of a lot of stress.

Hey can you follow up with this conversation tomorrow? I would love to see if they get posted tomorrow as I took my DAT a couple days after you. Thank you in advance!