Question about deployment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Haole

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have done a search on the FAP and STRAP and read the FAQ. I still have a few questions about deployment with these programs...

I understand that I will be deployed on active duty repayment with the FAP. If I enlist with the navy, where do people frequently deploy? How long and frequently are you deployed?

Also, how likely is it that you will get your first choice of hospital base locations, ie: San Diego?

With the STRAP-
How often do you get deployed from reserve duty? and how long? also, do deployments decrease the amount of time owed for reserve time, ie: 1 weekend a month, 2 weeks a year?

Thanks for your input.

FYI: I am an anesthesia resident

Members don't see this ad.

I have done a search on the FAP and STRAP and read the FAQ. I still have a few questions about deployment with these programs...

I understand that I will be deployed on active duty repayment with the FAP. If I enlist with the navy, where do people frequently deploy? How long and frequently are you deployed?

Also, how likely is it that you will get your first choice of hospital base locations, ie: San Diego?

With the STRAP-
How often do you get deployed from reserve duty? and how long? also, do deployments decrease the amount of time owed for reserve time, ie: 1 weekend a month, 2 weeks a year?

Thanks for your input.

FYI: I am an anesthesia resident

Active duty will deploy for 6 months every 2-3 years to places where the shooting is happening or on board ships. Right now, think Afghanistan, Iraq, Horn of Africa, Kuwait, and the Philippines.

Reserves will deploy for 3-6 months every 3 years to the same general places.

No, deployed time does not make your obligation go away faster.

Active duty will deploy for 6 months every 2-3 years to places where the shooting is happening or on board ships. Right now, think Afghanistan, Iraq, Horn of Africa, Kuwait, and the Philippines.

Reserves will deploy for 3-6 months every 3 years to the same general places.

No, deployed time does not make your obligation go away faster.

Thank you for the informative reply.:thumbup: