Question about Future Course/ Transcript on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XavierFrost

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am in the process of getting my primary app submitted and have come across a question regarding a future course/ transcript. I am recent college graduate and have already had my official transcript received by AMCAS.

However, I am planning on taking biochemistry at a community college this upcoming fall (or next summer) as some of the schools I am applying to require it as a pre-req. I dont know how I should handle this on the AMCAS.

In answering the question "Is a transcript required" on the Schools Attended tab for the community college, if I say yes will AMCAS delay the processing of my application even though this is a course I wont be taking until next summer potentially?

Any advice on how to handle this would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

I would recommend calling the AMCAS office on Monday. The number is on the website. They will be able to give you a sure answer.

I will certainly do that, thanks marinas.

If anyone else has any information that would be great!

Members don't see this ad :)
You can't get a transcript for a future course. Courses you list as planned are considered by most to be tentatively planned, so I don't even think proof of registration is required (not to mention the fact that for spring '10 courses, most schools won't let you register this early).

Should you be accepted, you would be required to show the results of any courses that were listed as future courses on the AMCAS. You're also encouraged to update schools on any grades you receive during the application period.

That's my understanding. Good luck!

I was hoping that would be the case, I just wanted to make sure that my application wouldnt get held up. The only course I am listing from the community college will the the future biochemistry course, so I would hope that it doesnt alter the timing of my verification.

Thanks very much.

I had the same issue, and actually also with a biochemistry course. Just call AMCAS and they can change your application so it reflects a current/future course but the transcript is not required for them to process your application.