Question about immune system,Need Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CannonD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok,i'm confused with this, a person with blood type A, they will produce B antibody, doesn't B antibody will cause RBC containing A antigens to coagulate? or causes an immune response?

Members don't see this ad.

Ok,i'm confused with this, a person with blood type A, they will produce B antibody, doesn't B antibody will cause RBC containing A antigens to coagulate? or causes an immune response?
No, if I'm remembering correctly, B antibody is against B (hence why AB can't be given either). Antigens signal what it is and antibodies signals what it wants to destroy (in a way).

So if you have A blood type, you have B antibody so if you give B or AB blood, you'll have coagulation. B blood type can't have A. AB can have either. O can't have anything but O but can give it to anyone.

I think you're confusing antibody with antigens? Remember it as anti-X-body where X is the blood type it is against. So if A has B antibodies, put that B in between the anti and body: ant-B-body. Helpful?