Question about inputting grades into PharmCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WSUWarrior012

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a quick question. So I went to a community college for my first year of college and they used a grade point system that resembled GPAs (4.0,3.7,3.6, etc.). My question is how do I enter these into pharmcas? PharmCAS asks for both the letter grade on the transcript and the equivalent PharmCAS grade.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you read the instructions that PharmCAS has supplied or tried emailing or calling them???

Have you read the instructions that PharmCAS has supplied or tried emailing or calling them???
I've looked at the instructions but they don't really address this. I should probably give them a call.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just saw on pharmcas that they can enter the courseworks from our transcript with a fee. Does that mean they will also enter the grades?

I just saw on pharmcas that they can enter the courseworks from our transcript with a fee. Does that mean they will also enter the grades?
Yes but in my opinion that's an absolute waste of money. It takes a little bit of time but just by sitting down for a solid half hour and entering the grades manually you save money. Not worth it at all.

Yes but in my opinion that's an absolute waste of money. It takes a little bit of time but just by sitting down for a solid half hour and entering the grades manually you save money. Not worth it at all.

It sure looked like inputting the info was going to be a daunting task. I nearly considered paying the $150 (3 colleges) for them to do but, after inputting one semester (took all but 5 minutes) there was no way I was paying someone to do it! Now I can use that money saved for the PCAT.

Regarding PharmCAS grades, when entering your transcript grade you can either enter a letter grade OR a numeric one. You can then use the PharmcCAS conversion table (next box) for the equivalent grade. Hope this helps.

I was considering the option too but seem like I changed my mind after seeing everyone's posts. :)