Question about listing hobbies on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorme555

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have several hobbies/personal interests that I'm involved in, and I'm wondering how to enter these on AMCAS. I only filled up half of the 15 spaces with EC's/awards, so should I list every hobby in its own space, or should I just have one section that discusses my hobbies? Also, I don't know if I should include every one, since there might be more hobbies than volunteer experiences. I don't want to look like I'm just filling space because of not having much volunteer experience or other significant activities. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If something is an important part of who you are, then list it separately in the EC's/Hobbies/Avocations category of P.S. Experiences. I listed 4 things in this category (all music related) out of a total of 14.

Try not to spread them out too thin. You don't want to look like your padding the app.

Members don't see this ad :)
Leave out hobbies such as Playstation, bar-hopping and masturbation.

F UCK, those were my first three

you've probably applied and gotten in, but thanks for making me lol

How... How, just how on God's green earth did you manage to find an eight year old thread of such stupidity and drag it back up?

Actually i got a question. I am grouping unofficial hobbies into two: one for helping people get in shape for years now, and one for Djing/music production but i have no contact for either. What should I write in the contact space

I've been out of school since 2007... and I'm pretty sure that the contact people that I volunteered or worked for have changed... that, and I don't remember some of their names :scared: sooo, what do I put in that red ( * ) field?