Question about LOR for internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

negativenetworth

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying for a SA rotating internship this year. I have three LORs from boarded people. My question is about my #4 letter.

I got a really stellar review from a 12 partner very large respected GP group during an externship. They offered me a job in it and everything, and the dean of student affairs at our school took note of it after reading it and contacted me to congratulate me about it.

I think having this large group of doctors who unanimously back me would look pretty good on my application. The problem is those doctors feel strongly that internships are a poor choice for students and do not think well of students who choose to do them. Also, it feels a little weird to ask the people who offered me a job to recommend me for something else.

Is it weird to ask the dean of student affairs to recommend me based on their review?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I personally wouldn't because you would essentially be asking the dean to write a LOR on behalf of the vets at the GP clinic and if I was on the internship committee of any of the places you're applying to, I would wonder why you didn't ask one of those vets for a LOR. Plus the dean would not be able to comment on any of the other things LOR writers have to check off on VIRMP aside from maybe professionalism and academic prowess.