Question about LOR submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pirateslayme

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

So I know that the VMCAS deadline has obviously already passed but my question is is an evaluator able to still submit a LOR to VMCAS after the deadline? The reason I ask is because one of my LOR never submitted her rec. I do have the req 3 LORs which is why I did not freak out too much but I noticed that just today she submitted her evaluation for the PPI report to ETS which prompted me to wonder if she can do the same to VMCAS. I do not want her to go through the trouble of writing my rec if schools won't accept it late. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

From what I understand, no. Submission of materials to VMCAS is closed for this cycle.

eLOR writers have the same deadline as the applicant, so she won't even be able to use the link to do your recommendation. You might just want to touch base with her so she doesn't spend too much time trying to fix the situation. She'll be relieved you still have the required number in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,

So I know that the VMCAS deadline has obviously already passed but my question is is an evaluator able to still submit a LOR to VMCAS after the deadline? The reason I ask is because one of my LOR never submitted her rec. I do have the req 3 LORs which is why I did not freak out too much but I noticed that just today she submitted her evaluation for the PPI report to ETS which prompted me to wonder if she can do the same to VMCAS. I do not want her to go through the trouble of writing my rec if schools won't accept it late. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
So if you read the instructions/FAQ on VMCAS...

"VMCAS will not process any materials received after October 2nd." is stated in several locations and in several different wordings throughout the entire application.

Hey,

I didn't apply to any school that use PPIs, but since it's not through VMCAS, I think the deadline for them for some schools is later. I remember reading on another thread that Ohio's deadline for PPIs is the 15th. Like Fly Racing said, just talk to her and let her know that you no longer need the LOR. Hopefully she hasn't already started it.