Question about Matriculating and Reapplying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anonymous_Uzer

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering is it possible to matriculate into a medical school while applying to the next class cycle at another school--and if you end up not liking the school you are at and get accepted to another, drop out and attend the new school the following year? I know this may not be ethical, I was wondering if there are rules against this and such?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Anonymous_Uzer said:
Hi,

I was wondering is it possible to matriculate into a medical school while applying to the next class cycle at another school--and if you end up not liking the school you are at and get accepted to another, drop out and attend the new school the following year? I know this may not be ethical, I was wondering if there are rules against this and such?

Thanks.

I don't know but this doesn't sound like something a medical school would allow you to do.

most schools ask if you have matriculated in another school. if you answered no and they find out, you may come across a bit of trouble.

Members don't see this ad :)
there are ways to transfer to another school... but only some schools allow it and even then they will only take like 2 students a year and you need a good, legitimate reason. otherwise, if you have already matriculated at a school and try to go to another school, you will be in huge trouble. there are threads on this... try searching for them once the search function is enabled again.

Almost all applications ask if you had ever matriculated into medical school before. You would have to say "yes" and explain why you're reapplying. You'd be better off to attempt a transfer between first and second years of med school.