question about "Medical Terminology" class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ezio

cheese steaks
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is this class hard? is it meant for upper level students like Juniors and Seniors? Is this a hard class? because i've been hunting down classes in my schools catalog for easy A's to pad my GPA. I'm already loaded on chem 2, bio 1 (apparently the weed out class if i got the WORST professor), intro to neuroscience, and Mosaic 1 (english). totaling to 17 creds. im sitting on a 3.15 and 3.5 sGPA

17 credits including this med terms class.
how important is the class for the near future?

Members don't see this ad.

I imagine it is probably very school specific. That said, 'medical terminology' doesn't sound like a real class.

It's a very real class. It's also a very easy class, in my experience.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you want to learn medical terminology and never forget it, look up Dean Vaughn's videos.
The reasoning behind some of the ways to remember the words are ridiculous, but I took the course back in high school and could still tell you every word :)
(Not sure if this answered your question or just spammed the thread, but it is helpful either way!)

This class sounds easier than underwater basket weaving. Literally.
You certainly don't "need" it, but if you want the credit-padding or think you'll enjoy it, forge on ahead!
The rest of your courses sound fine...all intros. Nothing too backbreaking, nothing questionably light.

I'm right there with you having a low cgpa and a high sgpa. I don't have too many classes left to take and I am thinking of taking medical terminology! It's not going to hurt :)

If nothing else, medical terminology classes are required for a lot of healthcare jobs and can help you find work in the event things go less than perfectly.