Question about my Timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eskibot

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So heres the break down of my story. I chose a Civil Engineering degree because I wanted to be a Combat Engineering Officer int he Marine Corps because it sounds bad ass and the Marines are the best of the best. I was fortunate enough get selected to go to the Officer Training last summer and graduated from that. It was then I realized that I am not really interested in any of the jobs in the Marine Corps. It wasn't like I hated it, but I don't want to do something that I don't enjoy. I had no obligations to join the Marine Corps after training if I declined the commission so I did. After that I did some soul searching to see what I truly enjoy. I built my own computer and took a computer science class this year, got bored of it quick. Engineering is cool, but it gets pretty repetitive at times. Then I started to shadow doctors and volunteer at a local hospital. It was then that I realized that I am interested in a medical career. My goal is still to serve this country so I will be applying for a Navy medical scholarship when the time comes.

Now I am 2 weeks away from graduating with a Civil Engineering degree and Im trying to figure out what my timeline would be. I am sure I have taken all the physics and calculus required. I took Bio 1 and Chem 1, but didn't do so hot in them since I took them as a freshmen at a military school, so the environment was different then. I think it will be best for me to retake them and get my fundamentals as strong as possible.

Could someone help me out and write a timeline of what classes I need, in what order should I take them along with the semester, as well as when I should take the MCAT?

Thanks for the time

Members don't see this ad.

Assuming you have finished physics and calculus/statistics you would need:
Semester 1:
- Gen chem 1
- Bio 1
Semester 2:
- Gen chem 2
- Bio 2
Semester 3:
- Organic chem 1
- Upper division bio (some schools require advanced courses)
Semester 4:
- Organic chem 2 (optional at some schools)
- Upper division bio (some schools require advanced courses)
Semester 4 or 5 (depends on your school):
- Bio chem