Question about NYU interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trixie2126

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm interviewing at NYU in the next couple days, so I've been browsing through the interview feedbacks. One question has been stumping me. The one that asks if you have ever faced an ethical dilemma and how you handled it. I don't know if I'm just trying to pick out a life changing event, or if they just expect a simpler example.

If I could have some examples of what you guys think would constitute an ethical dilemma that they are looking for, that would be greatly appreciated. I don't have any life-changing situations (maybe i'm just not thinking hard enough?) You guys dont have to give me your personal situations if you dont want to, just a hypothetical example, or an explanation!

Thanks in advance:D:D:D

Members don't see this ad.

For some really good advice about ethical dilemmas and what it means, read this, it will tell you what you need to know.

There are some really good scenarios there, just memorize one of them, and recite it as if you had experienced it yourself, after all, that would be the ethical thing to do.

For some really good advice about ethical dilemmas and what it means, read this, it will tell you what you need to know.

There are some really good scenarios there, just memorize one of them, and recite it as if you had experienced it yourself, after all, that would be the ethical thing to do.

I'm not asking for someone else's dilemma to copy, and I do know what it means. I want to see an example, so I can know on what scale they are looking for, so I can know what experience in my life would be worth using. People on this forum don't have to attack people and assume things, it was a simple question.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm also still trying to figure out how I would answer such a question...

:oops:

Last edited:
i just interviewed there, and judging from the way its open-file and they just ask you whatever, i dont think there is any real way to prepare. rather than try to guess at questions, id say you should just go over your app and make sure you know everything you put down like the back of your hand. nyu has a very laid back tour/interview process... so just be yourself and dont be nervous. hope this helped