Question about pharmacists in Washington, Colorado, Alaska, Oregon, and DC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmgrad24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
No one needs to "incriminate" themselves I guess if that's even possible, but with marijuana being legal on the state level are pharmacists allowed to exercise that legal state right? I know its not legal federally and all that but I'm just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

Sure you can smoke recretionally if you want but your employer can still fire your ass if their policy does not allow Marijuana use.

I choose not to take the risk.

Sure you can smoke recretionally if you want but your employer can still fire your ass if their policy does not allow Marijuana use.

I choose not to take the risk.
Right right, I guess my question more so was have any employers allowed the usage or removed it from "fire able" offenses" in drug test

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't imagine any hospital or chain would allow recreational use (remember most hospitals ban nicotine use from their employees, even though that is completely legal.) Wal-Mart won a lawsuit after they fired an employee who was using it medically for cancer.

So....if you are planning on smoking recreationally, you need to plan on either owning your own pharmacy, or working for an independent pharmacy who doesn't mind.

Yeah I have never smoked the stuff, but I know my employer would fire me if I tested positive.