Question about pre-req labs.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigEast55

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
At my school, Bio and OChem (and soon to be Gen Chem, but that wont affect me), have 1 2-credit labs, instead of 2 1-credit labs... will that cause issues for me when applying?

Also, I just have to have my pre-reqs done by the time I matriculate to med school correct, so I could take like my second english class in my last semester of senior year, after i was accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

At my school, Bio and OChem (and soon to be Gen Chem, but that wont affect me), have 1 2-credit labs, instead of 2 1-credit labs... will that cause issues for me when applying?

Also, I just have to have my pre-reqs done by the time I matriculate to med school correct, so I could take like my second english class in my last semester of senior year, after i was accepted?

It shouldn't cause you any problems. When you apply you'll just put down that you took a two credit lab course instead on a one credit course.

As for you second questions: it depends on the school. Some schools require you to take all pre-reqs before you matriculate, others require you to have completed all requirements before the YEAR OF matriculation (i.e. finish before Jan 1) and still others require you to have all before you apply. So it depends and the best way to find out is by going to the schools websites directly and researching it. If you have a list of schools you are planning to apply to and all of them only need you to finish your pre-reqs before starting classes, than go ahead and take that English class your last semester...