question about pre-requisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vinganca

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking most of my prereqs at the community college that's 2 blocks away from my house. However, they only offer physics I in fall and II in spring, and I need to do it the other way around (I this coming spring, II in the fall). And they don't offer many summer classes, and I planned on taking A&P I and II during the 1st and 2nd summer sessions.

So I'm thinking about taking physics and A&P at another community college. Will it look bad at DPT admissions time, to have taken the prereqs at two different schools simultaneously? (Well, 3 different schools actually--I have to take exercise physiology at a local 4-year college cos that's the only place around here that offers it.)

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think this will look bad - I was enrolled at two schools to complete my pre-reqs since I didn't want to have to take 3 years to fit them all in - similar to your issue. To me, it shows dedication to your coursework to do whatever it takes to get into the classes you need.

I think that will look fine but I am curious which school requires exercise physiology??

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that will look fine but I am curious which school requires exercise physiology??

University of Montana is one school that requires it, but they will let you take it after you are accepted (in the summer @ UofM)

I have courses in 4 different schools, it isn't a problem when I speak to schools. More a pain in the butt for me when requesting transcripts. The only thing I ran into was one school not liking course work taken at a community college, they want it taken at a 4 year school. That said, they won't deny you and it was just one school out of 11 that I have look at...

Good luck.

^^ I was wary of that, so I emailed all of the schools on my list and asked if they prefer their applicants to have taken the prereqs at a 4-year university.

Fortunately, all of them said it makes no difference where the courses are taken, as long as the content includes what they specify and the school is accredited. :)

It's just so ridiculously expensive to take them at a 4-year. Two of the DPT programs I'm looking at are private schools, so the tuition is very high...I know I'll have debt from PT school and that's to be expected, but I don't want to start accruing debt before I've even gotten in to a program!