Question about Professional Experience section of the application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TrueMenace

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.adea.org/AADSASapp/Instructions/professional-experience.aspx

"You should record only experiences obtained during college and should only list each experience in one category. "

Pretty much of all my experiences besides a summer research and a summer business program I did during my college years has been post graduation (2013). I'm applying to Dental School now because I finished my DATs (23 AA) and have a solid amount of volunteer/community service and shadowing. ("gap year", figuring out what I wanted to do with my life)

I'm fine in still including everything I've done after college right? I'm freaking out.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I don't believe it's too much of a problem, if at all, for you to include things done after college. I think it's just to prevent people from putting things down that were from high school.

Definitely okay to list jobs since college. Nice DAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely okay to list jobs since college. Nice DAT.
I've no job experience, just extracurricular, community service, volunteering, and dental shadowing post-college. So I'm still fine to list those even if it says "only during college"?

Yes definitely. I had graduated 4 years prior to applying. Most of what was on my application was post college.

Definitely okay to include post college stuff. They just don't want pre college activities.

Definitely okay to include post college stuff. They just don't want pre college activities.

What about work experiences I had or scholarships I received pre-college? ADEA only specified that the Extracurricular / Volunteer / Community Service section to be post-college. Correct me if I am wrong, thanks.