Question about publication

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aiethela

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will submit as 1st author a paper for decent journals (i.e. at least PNAS-level), and the PI feels confident about it getting accepted too.

problem is with current waitlist that i am trying to get out of, it may be too late once it's accepted for pub.

Should I bother updating med school on this? my PI agreed to write a short memo on outcome of this project be attached with update letter, but would this do any good as opposed to only me just saying "it's submitted now"?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if it will realistically have that big of an impact, many people and their PI's believe their papers will be published by some date, but for a bunch of different reasons they quite often don't end up being published and schools know that. Now it might not be bad to mention that if it is part of an overall update letter, but I don't think it will really help you by itself.

it's the only major card I have in my hand now.. I guess it wouldn't hurt too much to play?

Members don't see this ad :)
it's the only major card I have in my hand now.. I guess it wouldn't hurt too much to play?
Might as well, don't expect it to suddenly make them say yes, but I don't believe it would hurt you. They know everyone is really desperate and trying everything they can to get in, they aren't going to reject you for trying.