Question about "Social Sciences" Prerequisiqtes???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Future PT 12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking at various DPT programs and I see that they require 2 social science courses. I understand that courses that fall under social sciences include psychology and sociology. I was wondering what other courses could be accepted as social science courses? Would courses like political science and anthropology be accepted?

Could I use Developmental Psychology and Political Science as my "social science prerequisites?"

What courses did you guys take to fulfill this requirement (if it was required by your school?)

Please help, I am sort of confused on this

Members don't see this ad.

Human Growth and Development, Psychology, some schools take Human Relations.

Best bet would be to email the school you are looking at and ask them directly. Everyone has different requirements.

If it's broad, than any social science class should be fine...anthro would probably count if it was somewhat related (I took a human origins class that counted as a gen ed science class). Most schools want intro to psych and developmental or abnormal psych specifically, though. Definitely check if the school has a specific requirement.