Question about the detail-specific verbal passages?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TX500

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just did a verbal passage from EK 101 Test 14. It talked about Morgan Stanley but didn't seem to have the author say much about it. I usually only pay attention to author's tone, and skim through the details, but that strategy killed me for this passage. How do you guys approach these passages?

Members don't see this ad.

I just did a verbal passage from EK 101 Test 14. It talked about Morgan Stanley but didn't seem to have the author say much about it. I usually only pay attention to author's tone, and skim through the details, but that strategy killed me for this passage. How do you guys approach these passages?

That sometimes happens.
I found some of TPRH questions asking only for details too.

The purpose for skimming the passage is to remember what part of the passage contains what kind of detail. So after you know that from skimming, you read the question and then go back to the paragraph that mentions/discusses the specific topic of the question. You then look at the answer choices and eliminate the wrong answers. It is CRUCIAL that you CAREFULLY read the question and answer choices. DO NOT attempt to over-analyze anything,