Question about TMDSAS application cost

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

batmanwannabe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Had a quick question about TMDSAS's application cost.

So AMCAS (at least for 2015) has an application processing fee of $160 and then $36 for every school after that.

TMDSAS App fee info is sort of convoluted though. It says there's a flat $140 fee, which I assume includes an app for one school. What about schools after that? I've read that it's $55 for one school, then $10 for every one after (if you're a Texas resident). Or, since it's a one time fee regardless of number of schools applied to, and you can't change the app once submitted, do you not have to pay separately for each individual school?

Any help would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I paid $140 in primary application fees total to apply to every school in Texas besides Baylor through the TMDSAS. Ended up skipping out on a couple when it came down to secondaries, but those were fairly cheap also. UT houston, UTMB, and UTHSCSA have no secondaries, UTSW has a free secondary, A&M and Tech cost like $50-$60 each I believe. All in all, very cheap to apply in Texas

Members don't see this ad :)
UT houston, UTMB, and UTHSCSA have no secondaries, UTSW has a free secondary, A&M and Tech cost like $50-$60 each I believe. All in all, very cheap to apply in Texas
So-Much-Win.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
TMDSAS is the best bang for the buck when applying to medical schools. Only a few schools (3, I believe) charge for secondaries and then again, those are the "lowest ranked" schools in TX which you can choose not to apply to if they don't interest you. That's why I think it's a good idea for OOS students to just submit a TMDSAS. The app is a lot easier to do than AMCAS anyways and it's just $140 to apply to UTSW, UT-Houston, UTMB, and UTHSCSA.

If you're interested in applying DO, TCOM has a free secondary as well.