question about TUSPM clinicals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

utswim531

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

I was hoping to get some clarification about when exactly clinical rotations start for TUSPM students. I heard as early as your 2nd year (towards the end, or during the summer between your 2nd and 3rd year). I looked on the schools website, and it says you start clinical rotations during your 3rd and 4th years.

Thank you all for your help! Good luck to those who are in the application process! Chin up, you'll get there!

Members don't see this ad.

Clinical rotations begin early June, starting your third year (2nd year ends in April).

Thanks so much for the information. Helps out a lot. The rotations that you guys do, are they the same as clerkships that are listed in the cirriculum? How many clerkships are offered fot TUSPM students?

Thank again for all your help!

Beginning 3rd year, you go on rotations every month until you graduate. In those 2 final years at TUSPM, you will complete 5 hospital externship months of your choice (which requires an application process), 1 internal medicine month (choice based on lottery), 2 medicine months (option of neuro, vascular, ortho, infectious disease, internal medicine, cardiac, again choice depends on lottery), 1 office clerkship month (work/shadow a podiatrist in his office), 2 vacation months, and the rest of the months are spent at the Temple Foot and Ankle clinic. During the first 6 months of your 3rd year, it'll be spent in Philly at Temple or affiliated places, and 4th year students will be helping you out. When you have completed several medical months and your basic clinic rotations and finally become a 4th year, that's when you do your 5 hospital months. As a 4th year, you are assigned a few months to be back at the clinic where you will then help the incoming 3rd years.

Personally I think the system is great, obviously there are things that could be better but as it stands I feel confidant that I will be well trained and a competent applicant once residency interviews comes along.