Question about upcoming MSAR 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aristrutz523

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!
Quick question: do we think this new MSAR (in April) will have stats from the new MCAT and the old MCAT or just the old one?
I'm just wondering because, for those of us who are taking the "new" one, only having old data won't be as helpful as having both, but I know data is usually ~2 years behind (i.e, MSAR 2017, released in 2016, data from matriculated in 2015)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm 98% sure it will include new & old...basically whatever was used to admit the student. It wouldn't be entirely helpful if it didn't have both.

I'm 98% sure it will include new & old...basically whatever was used to admit the student. It wouldn't be entirely helpful if it didn't have both.
Then probably not. I don't think any 2015 admits took the 2015 MCAT

But the MSAR coming out later this year includes those just admitted or no? Or is there a year gap? I don't have as much MSAR experience because I've been arguing with AAMC for months over getting access :bang:

MSAR 2017 will be using stats from the 14-15 cycle, not 15-16, because that one isn't over yet, so it is unlikely the new MCAT will be included (though it's conceivable that they will switch to percentile style score reporting).

Reactions: 1 users
The current 2016 edition was released in April 2015 and holds data about the class that matriculated in Fall 2014.

The 2017 edition will be out this spring and will hold data about the class that matriculated Fall 2015. Fall 2015 matriculants all took the old MCAT, so you won't be seeing anything about new MCAT ranges in the MSAR for over a year. I bet they'll report percentiles so new test takers have an idea where they're competitive.

I finally convinced AAMC I am who I say I am, and I do what I say I do, so they just granted me access! I see what you're saying now.