Question about updating CV post-deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neerons

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!!

I was wondering how acceptable it is to update my CV at this time of the application cycle. I recently submitted a paper I've been working on for over a year and a half (it was my main research independent project my senior year). I'm listed as first author with my PIs and supervisor as the other authors. I have the project listed in my CV, but I don't know if this is significant enough to update my POIs about. I don't have many publications, and this is my only that involves quantitative data analysis. The con in my head is that because it's not accepted yet, it probably means little. The pro is that 1) I can show that I finally finished and 2) to prove I was listed as first author (even though I said "first author expected" or something along those lines in my app).

Thoughts? Also, if it is acceptable - do I contact the POIs or grad admins?

Members don't see this ad.

If it's already listed as a project, I don't think there is much incremental help to making sure they know it's in submission now. We don't put a whole lot of stock into in submission things. Anyone can submit, that doesn't tell us anything about the quality of the work. Were it to get a revise and resubmit, that might be worth sending in an updated CV. But I wouldn't just for having it in submission.

Reactions: 1 user