question about USC LOR's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

csudental

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For people who apply to USC, on USC website they mentioned "we highly recommend that one of the letters be from a DDS" what if the letter had been written by a DDM
Does that still fulfill the requirement ?

Members don't see this ad.

You mean a DMD? They're the same so I don't see why it wouldn't fulfill the requirement. I think what they mean is that one of your letters is written by a dentist.

yup i meant DMD, my bad i sent them an email but no one reply!
it's not required but recommend i think you're right it's the same

Members don't see this ad :)
You're kidding right?
nope i get an email from my adviser from couples of days, she told me to make sure that the dentist whom i shadow has a DDS not a DMD
so i need to check!!

i thought they maybe need a DDS letter as the school is consider a DDS and i was thinking why the admission haven't write a letter from a DDS or a DMD is recommend !
so i sent an email and still waiting to get an answer

Honestly I think you should stop using that adviser. She sounds like an idiot if she thinks that a DMD letter wouldnt satisfy the requirement for a DDS letter.

Reactions: 2 users
They are the same degree. Just different names for a licensed dentist. Inform your advisor that they don't know what they are talking about.

Reactions: 2 users
A licensed DDS/DMD (whom you shadowed with) to write you the letter would be OK.

Wow, that advisor really needs to get fired.

Reactions: 3 users
if i was the president of the school i would fired half of the advisers and couples professors
the only two mistakes i made in my life is to attend somona state and i haven't transfer to another university
now i'm stuck until graduation

if i was the president of the school i would fired half of the advisers and couples professors
the only two mistakes i made in my life is to attend somona state and i haven't transfer to another university
now i'm stuck until graduation

I feel the same about my professor and advisor. Students should have MORE say whether they get tenured or not.