Question about waitlists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calculatingclipper

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been going through the school specific discussions and noticed that there are either only acceptances and rejections at this point. Nobody has been waitlisted. Do schools only offer waitlist later during the cycle. Only reason I ask is because it I would rather have a 2/3 chance of being accepted or waitlist rather than rejected!

Members don't see this ad.

some people are already waitlisted. some schools don't do official waitlists.

a waitlist still means you have hope.

I have been waitlisted. So they are definetely coming out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've seen plenty of people waitlisted. I've been waitlisted at one school accepted at another.

I have been put on a waitlist from an early interview. Even early in the game schools will waitlist applicants.

You're thinking about it wrong. For the most part the school is generally always making a choice between accept/waitlist or reject. Later on they might not have seats and their choices are only waitlist or reject.

I have been going through the school specific discussions and noticed that there are either only acceptances and rejections at this point. Nobody has been waitlisted. Do schools only offer waitlist later during the cycle. Only reason I ask is because it I would rather have a 2/3 chance of being accepted or waitlist rather than rejected!

OP - you're missing posts in the school specific threads if you're not seeing wait lists. I'm currently on two...