Question about when to take DAT...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluesolic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, I am going to submit everything except DAT next week ( Mon)

However, I am taking DAT 25th of July...

Is it still considered as early applicant ?

my school advisor said as long as DAT gets to AADSAS ealry Aug, it is still early. but I don't believe that opinion..

So, I just want to make confirm from you guys..

Let me know.. if you guys said it is late then, I probably take DAT on 12nd July... ( is this early though ? )

Members don't see this ad.

idk how it works every school is probably different but i mean come on if u were the admissions committee would you send out secondaries/even make a decision or look at an application without DAT scores? recs and committee letters maybe but DATs are pretty important IMO

I know that they will wait until DAT score gets there but I mean taking DAT on 25 of July and be there around early of Aug is considered as still early or ok timeline ?

I don't think this question has a definite answer. Its all relative, and depends on how you define early. By SDN standard, I don't think August is early. That's just my opinion though. I think if you call the schools with rolling admissions they can give you a better answer.