Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Question concerning timing of MCAT after expiration

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by crazylilazn, 05.12.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. crazylilazn

crazylilazn 5+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Hey all,

I have an MCAT from Sept. 2011 which is expiring, so I am planning to retake the MCAT on May 31st. However, I am thinking about delaying it by 2 weeks for extra preparation - I work part time and I don't think I'm ready yet.

I am aware that applications can get verified without MCAT scores, and my goal is to have my application in to schools as soon as possible.

If I submit my primary on June 3rd, take the MCAT, have my scores submitted on the 15th, and then complete my secondaries (with pre-prepared essays) all completed within the next week, will I be at a disadvantage compared to if I had my MCAT ready when the primary was sent to schools (let's assume around July 1st)?

I guess the real question I'm asking is this - I know that a majority of schools don't screen prior to giving out secondaries. Thus, I will be receiving secondaries once I submit my primary even without an MCAT score.

As a result, does that mean that as long as I have my MCAT score in when I am prepared to send in secondaries, I'll be in the clear?
    Last edited: 05.12.14
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.

About the ads