Question for ADCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whatisthisagain1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
During application review, are applicants who have not taken gap years compared to those who have only not taken gap years or are they also compared to those who have?

Members don't see this ad.

During application review, are applicants who have not taken gap years compared to those who have only not taken gap years or are they also compared to those who have?
Applicants without gap years are not looked at separately. Nor are those who apply after 2 years of college due to AP credits allowing for early graduation.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
thanks @Goro. I was trying to see what the prospective applicants are thinking. Looking at possible doing a research survey on this

I thought of this because I didn't know if applicants with more experiences (due to time, i.e. gap year) are favored over those that do not have a gap year and have possibly less experiences.

I thought of this because I didn't know if applicants with more experiences (due to time, i.e. gap year) are favored over those that do not have a gap year and have possibly less experiences.

IMHO the major benefit of gap years has more to do with maturation than accomplishments. There is a reason why you catch a break on car insurance premiums at age 25.

Reactions: 3 users