Question for Canadian Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spershad

Nothingman
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I went to the Royal Bank today to get cheques to send for application fees. They told me they can only give me money orders. Do schools accept these? They said I can't issue a cheque in U.S. funds because I don't have U.S. account. How did everyone else do this?

Members don't see this ad.

Spershad said:
Hello, I went to the Royal Bank today to get cheques to send for application fees. They told me they can only give me money orders. Do schools accept these? They said I can't issue a cheque in U.S. funds because I don't have U.S. account. How did everyone else do this?

I went to Canada Post and got a money order because I was sending it express to the US anway; it saved me two trips. You can still track the money order. Like instead of your bank statement telling you when it was cashed, you can track it through the mail to see if anybody signed for it.

JaysonKail said:
I went to Canada Post and got a money order because I was sending it express to the US anway; it saved me two trips. You can still track the money order. Like instead of your bank statement telling you when it was cashed, you can track it through the mail to see if anybody signed for it.

So it is all right to send a money order instead of a cheque? From what you said JaysonKail, it would probably be more convenient to send a money order. Did anyone else send money orders?

Spershad said:
So it is all right to send a money order instead of a cheque? From what you said JaysonKail, it would probably be more convenient to send a money order. Did anyone else send money orders?

Ya i sent money orders from TD..as well as u.s cheques. Temple only wants u.s cheques tho (drawn from an american bank). nyu,columbia,boston,tufts dont care..