Question for Caribbean Grads (Specially SGU)!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

holdmystethoscope

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I am applying primarily to DO schools with 502 MCAT ( 127/121/125/129), 3.5 sGPA, 2 years of clinical experience as a Respiratory Therapist and tons of volunteer work. I am primarily applying to DO schools but I am planning on applying to st georges at Grenada as well. I will appreciate if you give me some insights on residency placements, academic support system and just overall SGU experience. Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

I mean what do you expect when you come in here with a thread like this

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey @holdmystethoscope , I hope your application cycle to American schools is successful. As you read through the threads above (and you NEED. TO. READ. THEM) in contemplation of maybe taking a seat at a Caribbean school, I'd also suggest you read the quintessential piece on the realities of offshore, for-profit medical education -- Million Dollar Mistake.

Reactions: 3 users
OP, your stats are good for DO. If for some reason you don't get in this year, reapply DO

Reactions: 1 user
DO > any Caribbean school is generally the consensus. You should get some bites from DO schools

Reactions: 1 user
That 121 in CARS is quite concerning. I would highly suggest a retake, even for DO schools.

Reactions: 1 users