Question for People with Rejections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejections from Albany, OUWB (shame, I really liked their program), VCU, Stony Brook, and USC-Keck with cGPA 3.3/MCAT 37 (last year of eligibility haha)
Grade hold at EVMS
Everyone on SDN should pray that this 37 MCAT wizard gets into medical school. I would cry if I had to retake such an excellent score.

I'm supporting you, man!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Everyone on SDN should pray that this 37 MCAT wizard gets into medical school. I would cry if I had to retake such an excellent score.

I'm supporting you, man!

No worries man, I already have an acceptance ;)
Just thought it would be a dick move to talk about my acceptance in a thread about rejections.
I definitely was glad I got in, I did not want to sit through the monstrosity that is the 2015 MCAT.

Reactions: 3 users
No worries man, I already have an acceptance ;)
Just thought it would be a dick move to talk about my acceptance in a thread about rejections.
I definitely was glad I got in, I did not want to sit through the monstrosity that is the 2015 MCAT.
I am so happy to hear this!!! :) you rock!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have literally not heard back from 99% of my schools. Seeing so many people with II's, Holds, Rejections, JUST PLAIN NEWS and then not getting to hear back from almost everywhere despite being done with apps almost two months ago makes me wonder what happened....

Reactions: 6 users
Rejected from Albany. Silence from 11 MD schools for 2+ months.

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected from Davis pre-secondary; Maryland, Albany, RFU, VCU, UWisconsin, Rochester post-secondary pre-II; Upstate post-II

GPA: 3.8-3.9 GPA MCAT is in the 514-518 range

Last edited:
Rejected from Mayo, Tulane, Dartmouth, and Lerner. Complete mid July to mid August at most schools. 3.7 GPA and MCAT around 520. Really surprised to hear nothing back from my state school(s).

Rejected from 9 schools already !! :boom:
Rejected: BU, Dartmouth, UC Davis (IS), Oakland, Georgetown, UCSF, Rochester, U of wash (applied in error, out of region), and Tulane

Only 2 II s so far, one from a reach and one from a relative safer. :cyclops:
GPA 3.6 Sgpa 3.39 (bad freshman year, this is the bane of my existence and prolly why all the rejections) 517 MCAT.

Really scared right now since there's only 17 schools left inThe running and only prolly 14 of those with a realistic chance....:(

Should I prepare to reapply?!?

Rejected: BU, Dartmouth, UC Davis (IS), Oakland, Georgetown, UCSF, Rochester, U of wash (applied in error, out of region), and Tulane

GPA 3.6 Sgpa 3.39 (bad freshman year, this is the bane of my existence and prolly why all the rejections) 517 MCAT.

Really scared right now since there's only 17 schools left inThe running and only prolly 14 of those with a realistic chance....:(

Man this is scary to see. Whats your state of residence? Are any of these rejections from state schools?

Rejected from Indiana, Oakland, Nebraska. And a bunch of DO schools.

Man this is scary to see. Whats your state of residence? Are any of these rejections from state schools?
California. So IS OOS don't reli matter. XD

Man that's nerve-wrecking. I've only got 2 IIs, too (one from IS school and one from a relative reach). There's still time before Thanksgiving so I'd wait for a bit. Also there's a new school in Vegas that you should check out http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...e-receives-preliminary-accreditation.1226120/

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected from Georgetown, Davis (IS) and Missouri Columbia (where I interviewed before :dead:)....one II for next week....hoping for the best!

Edit: waiting impatiently to hear back from 17 other schools...

Are most of these rejections (for pre-II) that you guys have listed notified by email or only in the portal after you checked? All of mine so far have been early and by email, so when I checked the individual portals a few weeks ago, I only found no status or pre-II holds. I'm wondering if I should check again for schools I haven't heard anything from, or I can just assume that since I haven't received an email rejection I'm still in the running? (lazy to check all the portals because I applied to A LOT of schools...). Thanks to anyone who can comment!

Are most of these rejections (for pre-II) that you guys have listed notified by email or only in the portal after you checked? All of mine so far have been early and by email, so when I checked the individual portals a few weeks ago, I only found no status or pre-II holds. I'm wondering if I should check again for schools I haven't heard anything from, or I can just assume that since I haven't received an email rejection I'm still in the running? (lazy to check all the portals because I applied to A LOT of schools...). Thanks to anyone who can comment!
Most schools are courteous enough to send an email. Or even a letter.

I have a feeling many of my schools are silent rejectors... :eek::nailbiting::dead:

I have a feeling many of my schools are silent rejectors... :eek::nailbiting::dead:
If they have sent out rejections to applicants who were complete after you. You are still in the running.

Reactions: 1 users
I have received only rejections from school so far, and most of these rejections started to roll in since 2 weeks ago.
Wish good news is on the way.

my boyfriend was rejected post secondary (pre II) from Tulane with a 520 and 4.0 gpa (c and s) and research. He did some intel after the reject. They appear to select older students with a masters or non-trad students with life experience. They like the Ivy's. If that is what they want, would not have been a good fit for him, but they rejected him quickly in the cycle. Is interesting because their rank is not that high. Not sure how they can be so selective.

my boyfriend was rejected post secondary (pre II) from Tulane with a 520 and 4.0 gpa (c and s) and research. He did some intel after the reject. They appear to select older students with a masters or non-trad students with life experience. They like the Ivy's. If that is what they want, would not have been a good fit for him, but they rejected him quickly in the cycle. Is interesting because their rank is not that high. Not sure how they can be so selective.
Yield protection

Reactions: 2 users
My only reallllly super reach schools were Mayo (rejected) and Columbia (no news yet). Accepted to a school in Boston, NYC and Cali. Meh stats, years of healthcare experience and I guess you can say I'm URM but not really....

My only reallllly super reach schools were Mayo (rejected) and Columbia (no news yet). Accepted to a school in Boston, NYC and Cali. Meh stats, years of healthcare experience and I guess you can say I'm URM but not really....
Harvard? :)

To the people rejected from OUWB don't feel bad. OUWB is an odd school because they know EXACTLY what they want in an applicant and if you don't fit that mold, you're out. They want medium-high stats and a lot of community service. Like A LOT.

Rejected from OUWB, UofA-P, Western Michigan, Lecom-B
3 II - Lecom-E, AZCOM, Rosalind Franklin

3.44 cGPA, 3.24 sGPA, 510 MCAT

Mcat plays a role. My cousin who has the same GPA as me but ~502 mcat has no II

Well, congratulations on the acceptances!! Still waiting for one... Haha :)

Thanks! It took years but it was definitely worth it hearing the phone call. Good luck to you!